Tubebox now free!!! Youtube Downloader!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Connector, Oct 18, 2012.

1. You would have to be crazy not to get this, this is one of my favorite apps on my new ipad. You can download any youtube video, and dump it to your photos section! Great great program. Highly, highly, highly recommended! Great to use as a youtube viewer too. Get it!!! :D

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    Bought, thanks man.

3. This really is one of the best apps on my new ipad. If you have an ipad, it works wonderfully on it since this is universal. Can't say enough good things about this app. Also works with another youtube like service called Dailymotion.

But basically, you can download any youtube video, either into the tubebox app, or you can download it to your photos directory. Then you can save it to the cloud. I use it a lot for music videos, then save them to my skydrive cloud service, so it is a great app! And it looks wonderful on my new ipad.

In fact, after upgrading to ios6 and losing the youtube app, I now use Tubebox as my youtube viewer, with the option to download them which is cool!

One of the Best programs ever! (Non game though hahah) other than pocket, this is the second most used app on my new ipad.

4. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Cool, thanks. You seem very over-excited over this though haha.

5. Hehe, yeah, I'm always hyper haha when it comes to great games or apps. Haha, hope you enjoy the app, I really do like it, not trying to sound over-excited and all. Yeah baby! Haha :D

6. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Haha, just tried it. Works flawlessly! You can make playlists and download them for offline playing. It's a quality app. Thanks again man.

7. Firetruck94

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    #7 Firetruck94, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    How do you put the videos in your Photos?

8. Thanks! You are welcome. Glad you like it. :)

9. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Considering I have Foxtube, I'm excited to see how this compares to it.

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Interesting. Will give it a tryout but does look worth the keep.

11. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Got this awhile back, and can definitely recommend it. You may find yourself liking it a lot more than you expected to, lol. :)

12. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Sweet now I can have my Waveya Gangdam style video with me everywhere

13. After you have cached the video (by pressing the +) sign, if you go the video, it will say cached if the video is now on your idevice in the tubebox app.

If you go to view the video, you will see an icon that says menu, hit it, then it will say save, do that and it will save to your photos section, where you can export it to the cloud.

Also in the menu option is things like emailing, facebook, tweek, I guess you can send the videos directly through these channels too, but I have never tried. I usually just upload any videos to my skydrive account.

If you got any other questions, just ask.

14. Firetruck94

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    #14 Firetruck94, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    thanks

15. Yeah, after seeing Psy so much on tv lately, I downloaded gangdam style into my new ipad. Then I saw his hot friend Hyuna, so then I downloaded her song Bubble Pop. Cool vids to download, anyone else know of any other must have youtube videos to download?

16. gilly78228

gilly78228 Active Member

May 22, 2011
    I've seen that clip:D

17. So what do you think?

I too have both, Foxtube has better search options. I like Tubebox for its nice user interface and ease of use.

Also tubebox you can save to photos which foxtube can't do. Price too, tubebox is much cheaper especially on the ipad.

18. A couple of things to add:

If you go into the options, you can set youtube or daily motion to hd at 1080p. The default is non hd at 720p, so if you have a fast wifi connection, change this so you get better quality videos. Don't know if that means that your downloaded file will be bigger, but something to play around with.

Also playlists are great to make music videos for parties.

Also, some were saying you couldn't do searches as well as foxtube, well you can if you go into options and youtube, then there you can change search settings to things like ratings, view count, and recent.

And if you are viewing a video, if you tap on the screen once, you will see a double arrow icon, tap it to go full screen.

This is probably only a one day sale, so get it quick while you can.

19. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sweet!! Thanks for the heads-up!!

One question, though... is downloading videos from YouTube technically legal? Lol...

20. Firetruck94

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    I think if it was illegal, it wouldnt be on the app store.