SwapQuest - Puzzle/RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rebusmind, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm glad to see your still doing well and working on the game, I'm very sorry about the beta after getting accepted I sadly had a lot going on at the time and didn't get the time to play much to give you feedback and I do feel really bad about that.

But my main issue was already mentioned anyway as for me it was also not being able to get my charachter to walk the way I wanted down a path so I'm glad that that's fixed!

Glad to hear things and going well, I'm guessing your waiting until after the holidays and the sales to launch now?

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Loving the concept of the Arcade mode but hope choosing a higher difficulty gives some sort of score bonus so that the player is essentially compensated for taking on the greater risks. Also I'm hoping the player's top score would show up right there in the Arcade Mode's main menu. Saving it off to GC is nice but I've always hated it when developers expect me to go into GC just to see my own local top scores.

3. Rebusmind

Rebusmind Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    @ste86uk
    No worries, I was pretty satisfied with the beta and of course it's ok if you had other things to take care of. :)
    The release will be in January/February now, depending on when I find a decent release window.

@LordGek
    I'm glad you like the concept. And yes, picking a higher difficulty results in getting more points. I still have to check if the bonus is too high or low, though. But bravery will be rewarded. :)
    There's a function to show your Game Center page as an overlay so that you don't have to change apps. Would that be good enough? That way I wouldn't have to save the score separately.

Thanks for your comments, both of you, I really appreciate it.

4. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    [​IMG]

Before I disappear into the holiday madness I wanted to wish everyone a merry christmas! Enjoy the festive days and relax from work/school!

I will post a new SwapQuest video soon. I also have some very exciting news coming up and the release is approaching as well, so the beginning of 2015 will be awesome! :D

5. arcana art

arcana art Active Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Founder/Owner
    Worldwide
  6. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    In the last few weeks I've been working a lot on polishing the game and finding bugs. There are also some smaller, not that exciting additions like an options menu and difficulty settings.
    The good news is that everything is progressing nicely and I'm very confident that the game will be released in February. There, I said it.

Here's a little depiction of a day at work. :D

[​IMG]

7. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Woo! Still eagerly anticipating this one. I'll be downloading as close to 10pm my time as possible when it drops!

8. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    @Jerutix
    That's one guaranteed download! YES! :D

9. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Any estimation of when in February?

I'm not installing games or visiting TA for Lent (2nd Annual Be-Content-With-What-You-Have Appstravaganza!), so I'm hoping to be able to get this on there before go time, which is going to be after 10pm CST releases on Feb 18. I'm not Catholic, so I can shift things a bit. :D

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Hey glad to hear things are going well and you have a possible release month set. I'll be picking up the game even though I got into beta too.

11. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Looks awesome!

12. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    I'm not 100% final on this, but Feb 19th is the biggest candidate for a release date. Hope that's still in the shiftable area. :)

That's great to hear. The game has evolved quite a bit since the beta test, especially the controls and overall usability, so I think there's a lot of fun to have, even for people that played it in the beta.

Thanks a lot, melvin2898! :D

There will be some really cool news very soon, so stay tuned. :cool:

13. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Yep, that should be the exact end of the shiftable area! Sweet, looking forward to playing this the minute it comes out!

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I was wondering with the controls, so I can stop them while walking along the path but when I resume the walking sometimes he walks the wrong way towards to bottom instead of forward.

Is that changed in the release version so you can tell them which direction to walk?

15. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Feb/19 is now marked on my google calendar : ) I've said it before but, very much looking forward this one!

16. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
  17. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    Good news, everyone: SwapQuest has been invited to the Indie Prize Showcase at Casual Connect Europe in Amsterdam next week! I will be showing the game there for three days, hopefully talking to a lot of people from the press to promote the release, which will be at the end of February. If you should be at the venue, make sure to come over and say hello. :)

[​IMG]

I've been very busy with the localization (french and spanish are still missing, but the translators are working on that).
    Another new addition to the game is the Game Center integration. Really not a big deal, as I had achievements planned for months, but still it's great to finally see them in the game. Also the Arcade Mode now has a working leaderboard.
    From now on my days will be filled with marketing preparations and bug fixing. Wish me luck that everything goes according to plan.

[​IMG]

18. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Good luck on all of it! Still super excited!

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That's cool, good luck with everything I hope it all goes great for you after all the work you've put in and just because you care about doing a good game.

Also I only tried the beta on my iPhone, how does the game look on the air 2 or is it more for the phone?

20. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks a lot! :D

Thanks, it's really appreciated! :)
    I tested the game one my iPad mini most of the time and it looks very good on that device. I have to admit, I've never seen it on a normal iPad, but I assume it should look alright (the pixel art works really well with different screen sizes).