WANTED: Holy Grail of iOS Platformers

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by onyx77, Jun 29, 2011.

1. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    After over two years of playing every platformer out there, I still feel like all are missing one component or another.

I have the interest of a few other individuals who are willing to aid in the development of this project.

Please let me know what services you may be able to provide as we are looking to have this contracted out for the product. We are open to partial payment with partial ownership interest in the final product.

2. cgart

cgart Member

Jun 27, 2011
    I can assist you as an artist.

3. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    I'm interested; I write game music and have composed the soundtracks for a couple of those iOS platformers you mentioned :)

4. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    And what would you do?

5. Graz73

Graz73 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Web Design, Graphics & Illustration
    Mansfield, OH
    I may be interested to contribute art (or concept art).

Please pm me with more details.

6. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Thanks for the responses and PMs. I will circle back up with you tonight via PM.

To clarify as to what I would do, I will be very honest. I want to see a game that I take part in come to life. I am willing to do my absolute best to provide the financing for it.

A little background:

I am a business/transactional/real estate attorney by trade (yes, no egg throwing please :)). As such, I paper many transactions. I have started many companies, merged them, sold them, drafted countless contracts of all varieties.

I have always wanted a platformer game that I would create. As I am super busy, that is proving to be somewhat difficult on the time issue needed to properly develop the skills necessary to create one. However, the skills I do have are essential to the process. I have fortunately made many contacts over my career. I can see this dream becoming a bit more difficult every year due to other obligations.

I can do all related activities except for actually code the game, produce anything close to decent art and/or music composition. Obviously the most important part. However, even though I lack the most important part, I can guaranty that what I do possess is equally indispensable to getting a project like this off the ground and completed.

Thus, I am willing to be very flexible on the terms. If contract work is your choice, that is fine, but I would really like to see something like the following.

1) Company is formed.
    2) Myself and the other parties are members.
    3) I retain 51% ownership interest (does not necessarily mean 51% of profits). Mostly for directions sake.
    4) Other party(s) own 49%.
    5) Game is developed by other parties with heavy initial input from me.
    6) I paper all the above, get necessary funding together, navigate all distribution issues, etc...
    7) Game goes through the process and hopefully becomes a hit or sells enough for the Company to pay all of he other party(s) what is owed plus interest for work performed in the development stage. After you are paid back, you still own 49% of project and are entitled to receive proportionate distributions from sales. In the alternative, there could be an automatic buy back of your interest at your choice for a certain dollar amount.

Anyway, bottom line is I want a game that has been in my head. I figure this is my best chance to get it completed. I am not looking to create a game just to make money. I understand the probability. I just want to be able to use my skills to help be a part and make it happen.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

7. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Looks good to me. Nothing wrong with hiring a team to make your dream game a reality :)