Ipad Question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mene, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Hi everyone,

I'm getting an ipad 2 for my birthday next month and I'm wondering about apps.

I know there are apps and HD apps but do only HD apps work on the ipad or do normal apps work and it either shows it small or scales the graphics up?

I'm just wondering if I can simply re-download all my favourite apps I bought or if I have to buy the HD version of them all?

also if the normal app works fine and theres a HD version is it usually worth the extra money?

Thanks for any info.
    Can't wait to get my ipad 2

2. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    All standard iPhone/iPod apps work just fine on the iPad 2, so don't worry about having to replace your existing collection of games. As you said; normal apps work but they're displayed in a small iPhone-sized box... and can be pixel-doubled to stretch and fill the screen of the iPad. Some games look okay like this, some like downright ugly, though a Cydia/Jailbreak app called "RetinaPad" tries to alleviate this somewhat.

3. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Enjoy

After Christmas I was in the same position, Basically from now on buying universal apps for yourself will be a treat since they are made for both devices...but you will always run into the issue of developers whom make separate apps for both devices...which in that case is simply a matter of taste...some games which fit into that category would be the Chaos theory series as well as other square Enid games like FF tactics. For myself it all comes up to how i feel with the controls...for most Bullethell shooters, and most pick up and play games which are great for the "standing in line" gameplay , as well as some Korean RPGS like Crimsonheart and Aurum blade I tend to like using my iPhone 4s...BUT other RPGs or action games which don't have a fixed Vstick so i can put my thumb anywhere i want i will use the ipad2 ,and for most strategy turn based games, tactic games like Ravenmark and Call of Cthulhu wasted land and most Tower defense games the iPad size and room for great touch controls is perfect..and then obviously if you want awesome graphics spend the extra to be blown away...

Some must have HD games IMO...

Chaos theory 1,2 or omega HD
    Galaxy on fire 2...universal is great but HD is mindblowing
    Angry birds space HD
    Any Cave Shooters like Don Don Pachi in HD
    Real Racing HD

If you read comics ...( which are amazing on the iPad ) grab Comic Zeal it's the best comic reader.

Much luck and enjoy your new device!

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The majority do, but not all. For some reason some apps don't support iPad at all, even in 2X mode, but it's a minority.

5. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Thanks everyone

6. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Uh... it would have to be an extremely small minority then, because I've got over 60GB of IOS titles and every single one works on my iPad 2 :D