Universal Air Supply - SOS (by Quantum Sheep) "Jeff Minter Meets Jetpac"

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #1 PeteOzzy, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

Air Supply - SOS (Save Our Sheep)

Quantum Sheep
    *The Mothersheep needs your help!* The Time Travel Clothing Company is stealing wool from kidnapped Quantum Sheep! The M…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *The Mothersheep needs your help!* The Time Travel Clothing Company is stealing wool from kidnapped Quantum Sheep! The Mothersheep is sending out an SOS to any hero willing to help - ’Save Our Sheep!’ Fly around with your jetpack rescuing sheep and putting them in your rocket! Aliens, UFOs, Bosses and a multitude of other hazards are out to stop you and don’t forget to keep an eye on your ever-dwindling Air Supply! Reviews: Touch Arcade, 4.5/5 - "A great bit of straight-forward, challenging action, stuffed with more content than you would expect...You'll want to pick this up and start counting sheep immediately." ArcadeLife, 9.1/10 - "SOS swaggers up like the best cover version of your favourite song and just demands to be played until either your thumbs or your battery are exhausted." PocketGamer, 8/10 - "A bright combination of retro arcade gameplay and modern flourishes, Air Supply - SOS will leave you gasping for more." iPhoneLife, 4.5/5 - "Air Supply – SOS is a sure bet for some quick gaming goodness, but don’t be surprised if you find it hard to put down." Thank you! \o/ * Over 20 awesome characters to unlock! * 10 Planets to play through - 100 levels in total! * 11 amazing retro music tracks by Yerzmyey - all made on actual ZX Spectrums * 10 monochrome colours (red, white, blue etc) plus new ‘Living Colour’ mode. * 16 perks - choose two to take into battle, including rocket, shield and air supply enhancements! * Rescue sheep to unlock special perks! * Collect stars, air and kills to unlock characters, music and colours! * Battle big UFOs and huge bosses! * Over 40 different alien enemies! * Bonus Space stages - fly your spaceship against UFOs and asteroids * Multiple options to customise the look and feel of the game! Over 11 million combinations! * Inspired by the classic retro game ‘Jetpac’ on the ZX Spectrum! * Wonderfully bereft of IAP or adverts! Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Quantumsheepgames Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRrv3-2tv7o *PSA* Tested on iPhone 4 and above, as well as the original iPad and above. Will work on iPod Touches 5 and above. Performance may vary depending on device.
    Information
    Seller:Quantum Sheep
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Sep 25, 2014
    Updated:Jan 19, 2017
    Version:3.6
    Size:49.3 MB
    User Rating: (18)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    From the upcoming thread:

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Even though Quantum Sheep has offered me a promo code, I will be supporting this awesome developer with my cash for this beautiful product as soon as it's 11:30 pm here in the States. I encourage ALL of ye TA members to do the same. Let's help get Sheepy on the iOS map with this game! Here's also hoping *crosses fingers and toes* that Apple is generous enough to feature this game, by one of the most talented yet underrated devs on the platform.

A question for QS; I already own the two previous Air Supply games and will this one too, but for those uninitiated to the AS world any chance of a bundle? That might help with exposure to your games ;)

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah i agree ! I got a promo code early and totally love this game, feel bad now i cant leave a review on the app store. Gifting this to a friend later so i can make up for it

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    This actually looks really cool. I look forward to it hitting the US.

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    It's a lot of fun! Super fast paced and super tough. But there is a good balance between getting to progress (you can continue from the same level when you die) and being punished for failing (you lose your score when you die).

As always, a great unlock system with tons of stuff! Definitely worth checking out if you're even a little on the fence.

7. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Ah stop it you guys! Really looking forward to this, Quantum Sheep's games are always great quality. I absolutely love the look of this one, the Virtual Boy vibes are killing me!

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #8 JCho133, Sep 24, 2014
    Some imps from the upcoming thread.

This is the game to get this week.

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    My review from the upcoming thread. Highly recommended retro fun with toms of unlockables and tough as nails! No IAP, No ads!!!

10. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    i have to echo every sentiment above, and more. Most of the time when I'm looking forward to something it turns out to be not as good as I'd hoped or expected, but this has actually delivered more. I've played up to level 39 and it's just phenomenal. It's easy to get into but rewards good play. Like old minter or arcade games where you know you've got better just by playing more and you've sort of got better in an intuitive way. If you're the wrong side of 40 and went to school in the UK then this will bring back happy memories. It's also just like all the best homages updated to NOW so it works on both levels. Music, graphics, unlocks, perks, arcade or casual gameplay - and I can play as JCho and AndyC83. For me, it doesn't get any better than this.

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    This. Get this game. Liek srsly. Nao. Sheepy deserves it.

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I have one of the older games. I'm not sure I ever gave it any time... going to give it a try later. Seems like plenty of people I respect as gamers enjoying this one.

13. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    In this instance I'm happy to be a sheep and follow the crowd (see what I did there? Lol) and totally agree with everything the others have said.
    I've played this game so much in the last few days and as much as I love games I often move on quickly but quantum sheets games will always be on my device and SOS has joined them in their own little folder.
    The difficulty progression is spot on, you can feel yourself getting better with each play session, controls are perfect, brilliant music and just brilliant gameplay that keeps you wanting to come back for more, what's great about this game is I happy when I end a run and go to the menu and see what awesome stuff I've unlocked. I've drained my battery two days I a. Row just from playing this, no game has ever done that to me before.

I'll be gifting the game to my two nephews tomorrow morning and will happily also gift to a forum member who maybe on the fence as the dev is the most kindest person who deserves all the recognition in the world.

14. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    #14 quantumsheep, Sep 25, 2014
    Air Supply SOS by Quantum Sheep - "Jeff Minter Meets Jetpac"

Hello all! The latest (and quite possibly 'greatest') Air Supply game is here, a universal retro arcade shooter with possibly the most awesome music in a game ever!

Seriously! :D

Here's the app store info for you (currently available in NZ + UK - US should follow when you get to midnight - hurry up!):

Air Supply - SOS (Save Our Sheep)

Quantum Sheep
    *The Mothersheep needs your help!* The Time Travel Clothing Company is stealing wool from kidnapped Quantum Sheep! The M…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *The Mothersheep needs your help!* The Time Travel Clothing Company is stealing wool from kidnapped Quantum Sheep! The Mothersheep is sending out an SOS to any hero willing to help - ’Save Our Sheep!’ Fly around with your jetpack rescuing sheep and putting them in your rocket! Aliens, UFOs, Bosses and a multitude of other hazards are out to stop you and don’t forget to keep an eye on your ever-dwindling Air Supply! Reviews: Touch Arcade, 4.5/5 - "A great bit of straight-forward, challenging action, stuffed with more content than you would expect...You'll want to pick this up and start counting sheep immediately." ArcadeLife, 9.1/10 - "SOS swaggers up like the best cover version of your favourite song and just demands to be played until either your thumbs or your battery are exhausted." PocketGamer, 8/10 - "A bright combination of retro arcade gameplay and modern flourishes, Air Supply - SOS will leave you gasping for more." iPhoneLife, 4.5/5 - "Air Supply – SOS is a sure bet for some quick gaming goodness, but don’t be surprised if you find it hard to put down." Thank you! \o/ * Over 20 awesome characters to unlock! * 10 Planets to play through - 100 levels in total! * 11 amazing retro music tracks by Yerzmyey - all made on actual ZX Spectrums * 10 monochrome colours (red, white, blue etc) plus new ‘Living Colour’ mode. * 16 perks - choose two to take into battle, including rocket, shield and air supply enhancements! * Rescue sheep to unlock special perks! * Collect stars, air and kills to unlock characters, music and colours! * Battle big UFOs and huge bosses! * Over 40 different alien enemies! * Bonus Space stages - fly your spaceship against UFOs and asteroids * Multiple options to customise the look and feel of the game! Over 11 million combinations! * Inspired by the classic retro game ‘Jetpac’ on the ZX Spectrum! * Wonderfully bereft of IAP or adverts! Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Quantumsheepgames Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRrv3-2tv7o *PSA* Tested on iPhone 4 and above, as well as the original iPad and above. Will work on iPod Touches 5 and above. Performance may vary depending on device.
    Information
    Seller:Quantum Sheep
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Sep 25, 2014
    Updated:Jan 19, 2017
    Version:3.6
    Size:49.3 MB
    User Rating: (18)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

And here are a couple of vids:

If you remember Jetpac on the ZX Spectrum, this will be right up your street!

You have to rescue some Quantum Sheep from the Time Travel Clothing Company and put them into your rocket across 10 different planets.

And if you've played any of the previous Air Supply games, you'll know you start in monochrome black and white, about the constantly dwindling air supply for your character and that there'll be unlocks up the Wazoo (thanks Andy!)

Collecting stars unlocks characters - over 20 of them!
    Collecting air unlocks music -11 tracks - all made on actual ZX Spectrums!
    Killing aliens unlocks colour - 10 colours including 'living colour mode' - which is new to the AS universe

Add to that 'Perks' which you unlock the more sheep you save - these modify the game to give you some sort of advantage. 16 in total!

In fact, with all the options available, there are over 18million combinations. Now you know why it took so long to make this, right?

No IAP. No ads. Just a fun game for your money :D

Full disclosure here:
    Unfortunately, it seems that I've screwed up a bit and Game Center leaderboards and achievements are simply not working.

That's my bad (probably!), and if that puts you off the game, fair enough - I totally get where you're coming from! I'll get onto fixing that!

It's a fun game though, and people that got the game a little early seem to really enjoy it.

Yay!

That's a huge relief and I'm very grateful to them for their comments!

So, let me know what you think of it if you get it. If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them! If you have any secret lairs, I may want to rent one from you!

Have fun! And careful what you ask in this thread if you're essaylengthreplyphobic :D

Cheers!

QS =D

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Classic QS essay post, it just feels at home here! ;)

Only 2 more hours for my fellow Americans

16. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    I didn't see this thread and posted my own - it's been merged - thank you Pete for starting it! :)

So I was trying to give as much info as possible (but you're right - it's 'standard' length for me!) - and then I left it and watched it sadly disappear down the page with hardly any views.

I was about to stop and try and get some sleep (some chance!) when I refreshed it and saw all this.

ALL THIS.

You guys started without me - and you've been so bloody awesome! I went from 'curled up in a little woolly ball' to 'slightly stretching out with eyes wide and teary'.

Thank you :D

I hope the Americans like it!

I'll go back and do multiple quote passes where appropriate. But first I need a cup of tea :D

QS =D

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #17 JCho133, Sep 25, 2014
    Hehe, I saw that thread. I think the "Jeff Minter meets Jetpac" part should be re-added to this thread's title :D

And be thankful you have wool to become a ball in! If it wasn't for us brave fellows then the TTCC would have surely gotten you by now ;)

18. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    #18 quantumsheep, Sep 25, 2014
    You are all heroes in the ongoing rescue of sheep from the TTCC - the Mothersheep thanks you :D

Also - you Americans are welcome to join us now!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-supply-sos-save-our-sheep/id794916361?mt=8

QS =D

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Done, remind me after the NZ tag is removed to add the closing quotation marks, it's over the limit.

20. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Not 100% sure yet. But if I buy anything this week, this is the only game I've got my eye on.