[Caribbean Zombie] Give your impressions & Grab the Gift Cards!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Pictosoft, May 30, 2012.

1. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    I like this. That is it, no more slashing fruit, veggies or other unintimidating objects. THIS is the REAL deal, baby!

2. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Wow looks really intense. Don't know If I can catch up with it.. Really cute too.

3. CodyDeluxe

CodyDeluxe Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    This looks really good. Pirates, Zombies and a dash of slashing fruit ninja style. what more can you not love from this game. The gameplay looks amazing and so does the soundtrack.

4. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I know we all want that GC but I am gonna give my TRUE impressions even if it's not necessarily a good one:

I know the IAP is a lucrative one, and by seeing that "coupon" button looks like another freemium title is upon us.

Fruit ninja was and still is a VERY big success, one of the reason for that is because it's so simple even a cat can play. I saw on the movie you posted that there are ways to improve the power of the slash and the chance for critical hits, this isn't a good idea. Fruit ninja was fun because by playing enough you can get better and your slash stayed the SAME power. Changing this modal is wrong.

You are making the players, if I understand correctly, grinding enough gametime or just buying their way to the more powerful attacks so they can beat the tougher monsters and bosses quicker and die slower? This reminds of that awful title by Gameloft: Urban Crime ( A GTA BAD KIRF)
    http://appshopper.com/games/urban-crime
    Which like this title have you right from the start been able to do some basic attacks, on UC it's just some crappy cars, and the more you play the more better cars are unlocked, like this "weapon" system here, and looks like the weapons/cars on both games are pretty expensive.

I will not end this with a grim feeling:
    The story looks funny and nice. The boss fights seem pretty original, and buying more health IS OKAY on my book. If it's in fact free I will have a go at it and then give my true impressions, but the "Weapon" system must change if you want to challenge the BIG GUNS, you can keep some sort of IAP but the way that trailer depicted is not the best way I would imagine. Although I didn't see levels on it, so if it is going by a FAIR level system (Glu I am looking straight at you!) I guess it's pretty okay as well :)

BZ

5. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    #25 Rokrdude, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
    A hybrid of Plants vs Zombies and Fruit Ninja with a compelling story,upgrade system and cheesy graphics is a sure shot winning formula

Can't wait for the game to hit the appstore

6. mihimarcelo

mihimarcelo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2012
    Belém
    The game looks funny and easy to play. For some people this could be enough.
    For other people, the zombies+pirates is a total "must play".
    But to me... well, I was caught by the dancing Pirate Zombie! I'll play it mainly because of him!!!!!

7. Bartow

Bartow Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    A nice game with slice Caribbean.Better than Fruit ninja in my opinion.:)
    Wish I am not late

8. kogaa555

kogaa555 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Really impressive game! Awesome graphics! Can't wait to try it!

9. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    It's another great game by Pictosoft. Pretty cool gameplay! Nice cute graphics! It should be one of the best Zombie game in the AppStore!

10. prcoolfire

prcoolfire Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    The game seems so excited, I cannot wait to buy the game and slash those zombies.
    The Caribbean theme is so attractive, I love it very much.

11. lopatiy

lopatiy Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Student
    Nice game. Looks like mix of fruit ninja, temple run and bloody slasher. It must be very exciting because i like all of games previously mentioned. Ability to upgrade powers and weapons is another great feature. Pirates make this game even better as I like them ARRRR!!! Concerning improvements: make graphics more slick, I think that it will be a bit laggy on my 3GS.

12. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    It looks like an interesting take on Fruit Ninja, but as others said I'm slightly wary about the addition of upgrades. The game definitely has potential, but only if the IAP are balanced to the point where there's just a little bit of grinding to be done, as opposed to "grind for hours or else buy IAP if you want to beat the game".
    I'll keep an eye out for this one, so hopefully the freemium or paymium model doesn't disappoint. Good luck on release.

13. Pictosoft

Pictosoft Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Game developer&publisher
    Seoul, Korea
    ★Winner Announcement★

Thanks for all of your participation!

The winners of this event are saiyukialex / MuMiN / Daver16.
    Congratulations!!
    Winners! Check your PM, plz! I sent a gift card via PM : )

☆Caribbean Zombie is released on the App Store right now!☆

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/caribbean-zombie/id521933328?mt=8

Please enjoy the game~ :-D

14. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Thanks for the card!

15. MuMiN

MuMiN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth