Universal Card Thief (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 19, 2017.

1. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Any advice on using the noise arrow?

There doesn't seem to be a way to get guards to turn towards the edge, like guards on left can't be turned left, ones on bottom can't be turned to face down, etc.

Also the most useful time to turn a guard is after putting out a light but since you use the arrow before your turn, the guard will turn back towards the light when you put it out.

How do you all use the distraction?

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    So now that CT is done, does this mean you will finish Miracle Merchant? ##

3. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Have you tried this? A guard once affected by the noise arrow won't turn anymore.

4. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    The drain is great in this game I must admit. At least on my iPhone 6. Turning animations of don't make it any better (just a feeling). I hope this flaw will be approved over time. Non the less the game is great fun and shares an awesome game idea of the thief theme.

5. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    You are correct, I must have made a mistake.

Am I correct that there is no way to turn a guard left who is already on the left side of the map?

Love the gold collection noise, it's addictive!

6. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Yes, you can't turn a guard to a position outside of the board.

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Think my best single turn is 53. Wish I could say I planned it that way.

8. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    If I could make a suggestion.. since we will only use the Lessons link a few times but go to the Guild forever, can they be reversed so we don't have to scroll past Lessons every time?

Finally unlocked the daily, got through but it was tough. Low score but my goal was to make it out.

Anoik likes this.
  9. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    What does it mean if an opponement card has violett dark? Bubles on it?

10. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I normally figure this stuff myself, but I gotta give in.

1. How to upgrade the poison? The requirement says to pick up a sneak card in the light with a value greater than zero, but sneak in the light gets always reset to 0.

2. What does "complete the heist and play 5 cards that have been dealt after the exit" even mean? Is it the daily heist? Is heist the act of getting the chest? How do I play cards after the exit since I have already exit'd?

Also it should be "reduce card's value, not cards value", probably a typo with Numbing Poison.

11. Qvothe1331

Qvothe1331 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Can someone tell me why you're not allowed to store more than four Chests? I just played a round to see if a fifth chest would show up in some unseen slot, but it's just gone. And I don't really see a reason for it.
    Really liking the game though. I was skeptical at first. I judge a lot of books by their cover, and in this case I wasnt a big fan of the art style, but both the art and the gameplay have grown on me. Like the phone is melding into my hand.
    Also, it says in the description that games last between 2-3 mins, for me it's like 5-10. It's not a complaint. I'm just making a statement for those who might take it slow like me. Id have to try pretty hard and overlook some mistakes to play a 3 minute round.

12. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I don't quite understand how some of the equipment works. I don't know the rhyme or reason for why I can put a bomb arrow in one tile but not another, or why I can blind one opponent but not another.

13. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied

Your equipment must have a higher value than the guards value. It can't be used if that specific guard is stronger.

14. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Card crawl was an excellent game and I kept it on my phone forever, downloading this now!

15. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    #135 Tulki, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Not sure about (1) but if I had to guess, there's either an equip or some heist card that can boost Sneak above 0 even when illuminated.

For (2): The pothole (exit) card is dealt near the end of the deck in a heist, but you don't have to leave on the turn it shows up. If you keep passing turns, more heist cards continue to be dealt even though the heist deck is empty, but AFAIK at that point you pretty much only get dealt torches and guards, making it really dangerous to stick around. I think for that goal you're gonna have to clear 5 cards that are dealt after the deck ends.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but the equipment cards do really need to be clearer in their descriptions.

For example, Cloak is a one-time use stealth boost. You gain stealth equal to the number on the card. Okay, cool.

The next equipment card you get is the Noise Arrow. Its face number indicates the number of arrows you have left. So you have one card with a mask symbol where the number indicates the strength of the card, but then you have another card with a mask symbol where the number indicates how many times it can be used. These are inconsistent and aren't reflected in the card descriptions.

EDIT: Actually, maybe the noise arrow always has two uses? And I guess the number allows you to cast the arrow on higher value targets... need to play another round to grasp it.

EDIT 2: Now I get it. The way equipment cards work is that whenever you use a card, you can only play it against targets that have the same value as that card or lower, and after you do use it, the equipment card's value is dropped by the value of the target. Once your card hits zero value, it's destroyed.

16. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    Just made a purchase based on the recommendations on this thread. Looking forward to playing this tomorrow!

17. Qvothe1331

Qvothe1331 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Chests with only trash are completely useless, correct?
    And insignias are the only useful stuff to find inside of chests, correct? Like u can't find equipment or other useful things?
    And what is gold used for? I don't see see what it's used for other than your gold count being a type of score for the round.

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I am not very much a high score chaser but I love the grinding.

One bug found: when the offficial Twitter app is in the background, I am unable to tweet about my score.

About chest: the higher value the chest, the more likely something useful can be found, right?

Another question: what happen to the gold I stole? And what about the "trash" from the chest?

19. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Gold doesn't appear to serve a purpose other than a high score goal & working in conjunction with chest level to increase chance of getting more insignias.

I've heard chatter that it's possible to find a special item in a chest but haven't seen anyone confirm this.

20. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Arnold mentioned earlier that they plan to make the trash useful in a future update.