Why Was I Banned?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by KennyK, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

#1 KennyK, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    Hi guys,

A couple of days ago, I was banned from this site for being rude and using inappropriate language:
    [​IMG]

The comment I made is posted below:
    [​IMG]

Not only was the language clean and not inappropriate at all, the comment was made in jest and a play on the common Pokemon motto when encountering a battle.

Now, this is not meant to be an attack on the mod who banned me. All I would like it an explanation on why they thought my comment was inappropriate, and perhaps if the general community felt if this was fair or not.

The last thing I would want is to be banned again, and I apologise to the mod I offended at the time.

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Well, it's not up to us to decide first of all, as the mods are both judge and jury. I guess the moral to the story is not to be rude and use inappropriate language... Simple as that. ;)

3. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

I agree. But in this case I don't think I was rude, nor did I use inappropriate language.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Quoted directly from the rules:

- Don't sass the moderators.

That was probably it.

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    And executioner. ;)

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Funny how you 'forgot' to mention that you were encouraging people to tell dirty jokes on TA. Yeah, mods can still see deleted posts. Funny how everyone in jail is innocent, isn't it. ;)

8. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

#8 KennyK, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    :p Ok, I'll give you that, but that was before the title was changed to not have dirty jokes :)

And besides, there are much worse things going on in other sections of the lounge? :D

Now, I also noticed all the irrelevant posts about David Bowie were deleted, yet the culprits were not banned. Aren't we being a little hypocritical here? :rolleyes: