Asphalt 8:Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by MicroByte, Aug 22, 2013.

1. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA8HM

*****LEAVE GRAVITY IN THE DUST*****
    The best Android arcade racing game series reaches a new turning point! Perform dynamic, high-speed aerial stunts in an intense driving experience powered by a brand-new physics engine!

LUXURY DREAM CARS
    • 47 high-performance cars (80% of them NEW!)
    • Top licensed manufacturers and models such as Lamborghini Veneno, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FXX and Pagani Zonda R
    • Newly recorded high-fidelity car motor sounds for realistic audio immersion

GET AIRBORNE
    • Hit the ramps and take the race above the track
    • Perform barrel rolls and wild 360º jumps
    • Maneuver through the air and pull stunts while racing

NEW EXOTIC LOCATIONS
    • Race in 9 different settings, such as Venice, French Guiana, Iceland, the Nevada Desert and other exciting locations!
    • All tracks available in original and mirror variations in Career mode
    • Discover plenty of hidden shortcuts

NEW FEATURES FOR SPEED FREAKS
    • 8 seasons & 180 events in the Career mode
    • Stunning visuals thanks to next-gen shaders, real-time geometry reflection & other amazing effects for a new simulation of speed!
    • A detailed damage system like nothing you’ve seen before
    • Check out the new Infected and Drift Gate game modes

SIMULTANEOUS MULTIPLAYER & GHOST CHALLENGES
    • Simultaneous multiplayer action for up to 8 real opponents!
    • Dare friends to asynchronous races in your favorite cars
    • Compare scores on the new leaderboards with friends and drivers around the world
    • Share your racing achievements and prove that you’re the ultimate speed machine

MUSIC TO REV YOUR SOUL
    • A heart-thumping mix of amazing licensed music for your game
    • Featuring real tracks from Bloc Party, Mutemath & The Crystal Method!
    This is a game for fans of extreme arcade racing, with real dream cars and phenomenal graphics that will also please racing simulation enthusiasts.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for creating this thread MicroByte! Really would like to see this forum used more.

But since there's already been a good amount of discussion related to the Android version of A8 in the iOS thread, thought it'd be good to direct traffic over here.

For my part, I have both versions and the game runs horribly on the Nexus 7, at least in comparison to my iPhone 4S. At first, even low and medium settings ran very poorly. A reinstall improved things for me, but still a low framerate that it shouldn't have given the power of Tegra 3. I think Gameloft probably concentrated more on the new Nexus 7.

Of course, Android understandably remains a pain for devs with so much fragmentation. But Gameloft_Ryan has said that he will pass concerns onto the devs.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Quick word of advice for anyone - at least with a Nexus 7 - turn WiFi off. It runs considerably better (of course, sacrificing multiplayer and leaderboards). Not up to par with my 4S, but very acceptable on low and medium graphics and "ok" on high.

Still think it should run much better, but it helps.

4. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    oh really?! :p

5. Ahhh, clicked on this thread, and it got me to this one. Hey, great to see an android thread. I am almost considering buying a huge android phone to go along with an ipad 5 this october, so would be great to get the android version too at some point maybe if I decide on an android phablet.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    LOL. Well, I have faith in you Ryan.

7. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I appreciate it. Between here and Droid Gamers I should, hopefully, be able to get some decent Android input :)

8. barracuda97

barracuda97 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Great to see an android thread, thanks microbyte. I really can't appreciate the inactivity of the android forum so I put the thread for FIFA 14, check it out. And Ryan, will there be an update for this game that will make my device compatible. Haha I can only play 4 tracks. :D

9. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    What device are you using to play Asphalt 8 on? I am not aware of Android devices having access to Asphalt 8 but in a limited capacity. Usually it's one way or the other, compatible or not compatible.

10. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    Xperia Ray :)

11. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I'll have to look into this and see. Our Google guy left for the day but I believe he'll be back in the office tomorrow. Let me see what he says :)

12. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013

13. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Alright, so if you are able to download the game you should have access to the whole game. However, when you start in the career mode you only have access to a certain number of tracks. Is that the case with your game right now?

Otherwise, unless your device is rooted and has somehow affected the game file, both of us aren't sure how you'd only be able to have this limited number of tracks available.

14. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    My device is rooted and the problems are Tokyo, London, Barcelona and French Guiana. Tokyo can't be played other tracks are laggy so I can't even drive. Anyway now that you informed the dev team I'll be patient for a new update. I'm not dissapointed at all it's a lot of fun playing these tracks, and I'll wait, I know I can trust you guys. Thanks :D

15. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    It sounds like you do have the whole game, just that your device has trouble playing certain parts of it. That makes more sense. Hopefully our team will be able to improve performance on Android devices with future updates so that this isn't an issue.

16. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    Yes, thank you, i hope for that too :D

17. austincampbell

austincampbell New Member

Sep 2, 2013
    I have a suggestion, it would be nice if in settings there was a way to switch between 1080p and 720p on certain devices. I am forced to play on very low on my nook hd+ which has a 1080p screen because the other graphics levels cause it to get a little laggy. I would really like to play with added effects and with a smoother framerate which I think having an option for 720p resolution would allow for that. I hope gameloft_ryan or someone else from gameloft sees this.

18. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Hey there! Yeah I've passed along many Android players' concerns about graphics on their devices. I'm hoping that with updates performance can be improved but rest assured, I've made a point to pass information like this along :)

19. NaughtyChild

NaughtyChild New Member

Sep 5, 2013
    3D artist / Game Designer
    Jersey City, NJ
    Looks fantastic!