Spiky Tower $0.99 -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Jayenkai, May 6, 2014.

1. Jayenkai

Jayenkai Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    For today and a bit, you can catch Spiky Tower for absolutely nothing!!

[​IMG]

iTunes Link

-=-=-

Due to, quite frankly, abysmal sales, I'm once again desperately seeking some actual players. The game's sold less than 50 copies in the couple of months since it's release, and .. Really, that's just disappointing.
    I've released 4 new games this year, and all four of them are being outsold on a weekly basis by the original SpikeDislike which hasn't been updated in about 3 years. Heck the original's still outselling the sequel!
    A shocking set of circumstances, and one that's making me wonder whether I should even bother renewing my iOS dev license in the next month or so.

Either that or I should start to go "evil" and cram all my games with dubious IAPs, and annoying adverts everywhere.. But I'd prefer not to do that...

*sigh*
    Rant over.

Free game. Enjoy.

iTunes Link

2. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    That's got to be a real pain.
    You're not alone though, (not that helps).
    I was looking at the 3 Infinity Blade games sales numbers the other day and it made me wonder if sequels are making enough money to be worth the effort. If you get a chance look at the sales numbers for each of them and you'll see what I mean.

3. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    That's a bummer. Was pleased to find it a few weeks ago among the trail of 'related' games, as Spike Dislike 2 has been a workday staple for a very long time.

4. iamseamonster

iamseamonster Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Sad to hear about the poor sales, I really love all the GameAWeek games I have played. I have a folder dedicated just to them. I got several for free and bought a few games fairly recently. This was one of them, and it's great. I would love if it had unlockable modes/skins like SD2. That has kept me coming back to that game for so long. Just about unlocked everything now, and it's awesome how some modes completely changed the game.

Anyway you definitely deserve way more downloads, people should really check this dev out, lots of solid games. just snagged a few games I didn't have yet- sheep goes left, Blockman worlds, and puzzobomb. Hope it helps a little!

5. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    just think that users aren't interested in these simple types of games, there are so many like them with or without ads. if you enjoy doing it good, if your looking to make mega money then move on.

6. Jayenkai

Jayenkai Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    I do enjoy making games, and unlike a lot of developers I can quite happily afford to have games vanish under a heap of clones and similar stuff.
    I can "cope" with miserable sales, and quite easily handle low low figures..

... But that doesn't make the low-figured world of AppSales any less disappointing.

7. herzog

herzog Member

May 2, 2011
    @J: The original SpikeDislike had a catchy name, that's seems like an important thing. Like a nice icon, and a clear start to the description. With so limited means to provoke some split-second curiosity, you have to really think about that sort of thing. Think, what you would do yourself, faced with an overload of casual games? You *have* to stand out, and you have to provide some instant gratification for those that do decide to look into your game.