Swype ($0.99 -> FREE)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by wakaranai, Nov 6, 2014.

1. wakaranai

wakaranai Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    #1 wakaranai, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  2. batreky

batreky Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2014
    NewYork
    Thanks but note : just for IOS 8 users

3. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Pretty cool. I've been using SwiftKey lately and it's ok. But right now trying out Swype and it feels more accurate to me with it predicting better in my case.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    The iOS versions of the keyboards are so inferior to the android versions right now. Once they get all the features I will start using them dedicatedly but until then I'll stay with apples.

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I just bought it yesterday...Ooh well

6. flame10

flame10 Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Bought it few days back.. but this is worth every penny,

7. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    This doesn't seem very practical for tablets huh?

8. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Well, it makes your keyboard pretty with the earth theme at least. and still fun swyping around on a tablet.

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Gave it a go myself on an iPhone 6+ and personally I don't think its for me. To start with it appears if you want to do swipe typing it has to all be on one hand. Not ideal at all on a 6+. Then if you want to break out into normal touch typing it doesn't seem to be as responsive probably because it's trying to predict those touches as swipes.

Great it's free though for those that want to try

10. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yes, it's designed for doing it all with on hand, just as writing is designed to do with one hand. My 6+ is on backorder, so I can't if it's screen is simply too big for swype or not, yet. But for smaller phones that you can hold in one hand and reach the full keyboard with your thumb, swype is amazing. It takes time to really click with it, but once you do, it's really fast. With one thumb, I can swype the same amount of text almost twice as fast as I can tapping it out with two thumbs.

Just trying this for a few minutes or even a few days will not really tell you much about it. It's a lot like learning how to write in cursive. Sure, you can learn how to write in cursive in a relatively short period of time, but it takes much longer to get to the point where you can write in cursive faster than you can in print.

11. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Voice dictation is really improved in iOS 8

Pretty much 90% of what you speak is transcribed

This feature is not available on any 3rd party keyboard

Couple that with little bugs that drove me crazy I decided to give up on Swift Key and Swype (which i paid for when it was released) and stick with the stock keyboard