Best Chess Game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MoneymakerM5, Jul 10, 2009.

1. MoneymakerM5

MoneymakerM5 Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Ive been using ichess lite version for a while now and I was just wondering what are the best chess games out there.

2. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm just a casual player. I started with tChess Lite then moved to Deep Green when it came out. I can recommend both based on interface and polish. Deep Green is absolutely beautiful. Simple but really elegant. I can't vouch for any chessiness. I just play for fun and both titles serve(d) me well.

3. MoneymakerM5

MoneymakerM5 Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Thanks ill look into that one

4. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    What's the best online chess game?

5. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    From what I've heard, Shredder and Fritz are still the best engines compared to the others like Deep Green or Genius.
    If you're looking for online play, I've tried a few that I got when they were free.
    HandyChess connects to the Free Internet Chess Server. There's also one published by Chillingo that connects to the ICC server.
    And then there's BeregChess, which connects to a Russian server. Never got it working though.

6. Strongest AI is Fritz. 2nd best is Shredder. Those two are in league of their own. Here's my match I pitted them against each other.

7. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    I think we've also established in that topic as well that it's pointless to compare "strongest" AI because most players won't find a difference between them from their level of play.
    What would be most beneficial for people is online play. I dislike playing against AI, because it doesn't feel like I'm interacting with anyone. At least humans make unobvious mistakes. AI only tries to make obvious errors to be humanlike.

8. Chrono

Chrono Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Chess With Friends for casual multiplayer or Shredder

9. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I recommend Chess Genius. It's extremely powerful, got a great user interface, you can save and load matches and it has loads of modes. It doesn't have online, but it's in my opinion the best chess software on the store at the moment. I used to have Shredder too, it's good to improve your own play because it has a progressive AI, but I don't think it matches Chess Genius for ease of use and variety.