Drylands: Plan B - Post-apocalyptic RPG action platformer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AngryBugs, Aug 19, 2015.

1. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    #1 AngryBugs, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    [​IMG]

Update: The game will be out on September 10th!

Hi people, we wanted to introduce you to Drylands: Plan B
    What's this? Something like a second try at our game Drylands; we modified the game and went for a different approach, this time the game will be free and will be supported by ads.
    You can play the entire game for free and none of the ads are in the gameplay section, they are in the pause menu and the loading screens. Additionally you can earn ingame credits watching rewarded video ads (or skip them). Prices of shops are modified to aknowledge all these changes.
    Among other modifications the graphics now are a little more colorful; there are tutorial screens at the initial phase of the game; we added poiting arrows for quests to make them easier to complete.

A short gameplay trailer:

Here are the main features:
    -Deep quests system, main plot and secondary stories, bounty hunter missions; meet interesting people in your adventure
    -Enemies with different factions, everyone fights for their own
    -Vast levels to explore and uncover its secrets; loot stashes and hidden collectables
    -Raider faction procedurally generated with random weapons that adapts to the player
    -Hack into computers, control doors, cameras, drones, turrets, read logs and messages; discover clues and codes to access new locations
    -Engaging boss fights
    -Improve your character with perks
    -Procedurally generated weapons' stats with different rarities and elemental damage; shield and grenade mods
    -Battle in the arena to prove you are the best of the wastelands
    -Several vendors to upgrade your equipment, arsenal, help your exploration, and a very rare items secret trader
    -Simple but effective cover system, shields and melee
    -Customizable controls; change placement, size and transparency
    -60 fps in all supported devices for a smooth experience
    -Universal

Here are some screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a couple comparing to the old Drylands:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the original review from TouchArcade of Drylands:
    http://toucharcade.com/2015/05/28/drylands-review

We are looking for some Testflight testers just to be sure everyone is able to play it without any problems, so you can leave your apple account email or send me a private message with it and I'll send you an invitation (Minimum requirement iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPod 5).
    Release date will be posted as soon as the game is approved, we will test it for a couple of days now and send it right away for the review process.

Thanks everyone!

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Will it change the original game we bought.

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    If you need beta testers I'll happily do it again for the second one ^^ looks good

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Message sent

5. AngryBugs

Jul 24, 2010
    The original will always be premium with no ads or inapps, and we will add some things like the tutorials, quest arrows and 3 different skins to choose from.

Thanks again! This time the testing will be short, just to be sure we didn't add some bug concerning different devices (We improved some code concerning the screen).

I didn't get the message, send me a private through the forum and I'll gladly add you; and thanks for the interest!

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    My bad my messages was filled so I couldn't send it, I just did

7. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Really guys?Turning your premium game into free2play?I thought that you've got enough money from the first Drylands,sigh,is it piracy again or what?

8. AngryBugs

Jul 24, 2010
    The reason for this new title is quite simple, Drylands didn't sell well; total sales are around 3k copies, taking into account the development time and the two of us working on it full-time, the pay is not very good.

In the appstore with a paid version, you get featured or you quickly get lost within hundreds of other games, right now we are lucky if we sell 2 copies per day.
    It was a lot of hard work to be just wasted like that and we wanted to try something else; we think the game is appealing and with this free version, it will probably get enough downloads to give us an idea of what to expect of this kind of business model and if it's really the best approach.
    Some people won't like this and some people will (we actually prefer to make premium games), but the truth is that it looks like we can't keep making premium games with complex features as we wanted, we have to try another approach for our games.

Anyway, we are really glad you people supported us (even more taking into account the rough release), we wouldn't even have the opportunity to keep trying at this if you weren't so supportive, so thanks a lot for that!

PS: We already started to work on a new game, we want it to be premium, and the free version of Drylands could help us complete the development of it; we must wait and see what happens in the next months.

9. AngryBugs

Jul 24, 2010
    #9 AngryBugs, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    We wanted to share with you that the game is approved and we have a release date, September 10th!
    Thanks to all the testflight testers!

10. AngryBugs

Jul 24, 2010
  11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    What is the new game u r working on. An Rpg a match3?

12. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    The app icon reminds me of this app's icon

[​IMG]

13. AngryBugs

Jul 24, 2010
    #13 AngryBugs, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Right now we are finishing a small game, a puzzle. We are transitioning to a new engine with new tools, so we are learning all we need to make our next game.

The next one will be a turn-based with rpg elements, we want it to be our most polished game (i.e. shaders, voices, better graphics, etc). We are still in the design stage, we'll post the progress as soon as we have something to share with you guys.

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #14 Gwarmaxx, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    SUPERCOOL!!! one of the skins is Snake Plissken!!! love you guys, i will buy skins pack just for that.

15. AngryBugs

Jul 24, 2010
    Thanks a lot!
    But you'll be able to use the other skins in the paid version too (for free of course), it's "awaiting for review" at the moment, we added those outfits, the tutorials, the quest arrows and some more fixes for now.

16. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Dev;

Just to be clear......

In the App Store, you will now have a premium (no ads) version AND a free to play one as well.
    So... I can update my premium version and it'll still be premium? No ads, etc.....
    Thank you.

---------

Fantastic game. Plenty to do.
    Starts out a little slow while learning the game, as is normal, but then it's fun with a great storyline and talented graphics.
    I do like the game. :)