Universal Cloud Spin by Skytrain Studio

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, Aug 20, 2013.

1. MelonMasher

MelonMasher Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Petroleum Logistics Scheduler
    Texas
    #41 MelonMasher, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    Thanks for promoting the game on the front page - I almost missed this one. What a great game - the spot on controls (since the update), beautiful graphics and awesome level design make this a must have game for all iPad owners (except for the iPad 1 duders - sorry). This is definitely a console quality game, great job devs and look forward to future content updates (hopefully)!

2. So how exactly did the controls change?

3. robertb_skytrain

Patreon Indie

Aug 20, 2013
    Hi Connector,

We listened to all the feedback from you guys and made the Tournament mode controls much more responsive. Also, we just had our latest update go live which adds a “Tilt” control option for Free Flight mode.

We can’t tell you how much we appreciate the communities’ feedback and support! Thanks to everyone for your comments and interest in Cloud Spin. We already have a couple of content updates in the works - so please stay tuned!

Thanks!
    Robert

4. robertb_skytrain

Patreon Indie

Aug 20, 2013
    Hey guys!

I wanted to give you a heads up that we've just released an update for Cloud Spin that includes two winter themed bonus levels - Winter's Rise (Tournament level) and Izzy's Workshop (Free Flight level).

There are new achievements for both levels, and a new leaderboard for the tourney level.

We also made found presents grey so they are easier to differentiate from ones that still need to be found. Check out a couple screenshots from the new levels below -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope you enjoy them! Thanks again for your support of Cloud Spin!

5. robertb_skytrain

Patreon Indie

Aug 20, 2013
    Hey guys, we're having a Happy New Year Sale!

Cloud Spin is half price (0.99) through Sunday, January 5th

Wishing you all the best in 2014!
    - Robert

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow this game looks beautiful! If only I had an iPad haha

7. robertb_skytrain

Patreon Indie

Aug 20, 2013
    Hey guys,

Cloud Spin is now available for the iPhone and iPod touch as well as the iPad! (Please Note - Cloud Spin is compatible with the iPhone 4S and up, iPad 2 and up, and iPod touch 5th gen.)

We want to thank all of you guys for your great feedback. It has been extremely valuable in helping us improve the game. We really like how it plays on the smaller screen. We've added more music variety to the Tournament mode and made some minor art bug fixes. I hope you guys have a chance to check it out!

To celebrate the universal update the game is on sale for half price (0.99) until March 13th.

Thanks and hope you're having a great week!
    Robert

8. BTG-XCELL

BTG-XCELL Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Sweet, just picked this up.

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    How long is the tournament mode? Seems like a cool game but not sure of the length of gameplay and replay ability.

10. robertb_skytrain

Patreon Indie

Aug 20, 2013
    Hi imdakine1,

Thanks for your question!

Each of the tournament levels has a Bronze, Silver, and Gold award. The tournament mode is fairly short to complete if you are just going for bronze medals - and you don't die. There are 8 fast-paced tournament levels including the bonus seasonal level. Each tournament level ranges between 1 - 2mins 15 seconds - again, provided you don't die.

To win a Bronze medal you just need to successfully complete the level. Silver medals are quite a bit more difficult, and to earn a Gold medal you really need to play the level close to perfectly. The replay ability in Tournament mode lies with the medal system. The more you fly the more you learn the course and the better your chances of receiving a higher score and earning a higher medal. The game really challenges you if you want to go for top tier scores.

There is no time limit on Free Flight. Sometimes I just like to fly around and take in the atmosphere. There are 4 Free Flight levels, and they can take quite a while to complete as the presents are hidden around fairly large areas. I find Free Flight replayable because I enjoy soaring around in a more relaxing environment. Each flight can be different. I personally like to climb as high as possible in the levels and dive like an eagle after presents.

I hope this helps, sorry for writing a book. If there is anything else you'd like to know please ask! Thanks so much for your interest in Cloud Spin!

Robert

11. justcallmedewey

justcallmedewey Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Free for the first time but it looks like it doesn't support many devices

12. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    You kidding? i4S and iPad2 are like, the oldest of Apple-supported devices right now. i4 and iPad1 are pretty much relics now.