The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jdragoon19, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    yeah and there are some surprisingly simple things that they still haven't fixed - I see no reason why my character should be able to walk through fire pits, torch flames, or anything of the sort without getting hurt. It has baffled me seeing as modders fixed it in both Morrowind and Oblivion.

Anyways I love most of it so far - the game balance is generally excellent and I have come across things that I have no chance in hell of standing up to. The spiders are fantastic. The quests I have encountered are at least as good as they were in Oblivion and most seem substantially more involved or believable. The character animations are surprisingly good for the first time in the series. I love the environment traps like oil puddles - I wish you could electrocute water with a shock spell of some sort though.

Generally what I find the best is that the dungeons have some meat to them - I love the scale. It reminds me of Daggerfall only without the randomness.

Definitely a great game though - completely surprised me (much in the same way DX:HR did).

2. smashdev2011

smashdev2011 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Near San Fran
    Lol, the only ebony thing I've seen so far is a shield. Plus, I think I levelled up my non-combat skills too much (lockpick, sneak, pickpocket) and now I have to sneak around even more. But this has made for a very tense gameplay, which I like.

3. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I am loving the game so far. It's really huge. I have just put in about 10 hours into it and I'm still in Whiterun. Best game this century definitely.

I just found out that I can make Lydia chop my wood for me. (hmm..this sounds dirty). Easy money. I'm working to get my smithing up now with all the iron and steel ingots I can now afford easily.

4. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Ive clocked 38 hours and I've killed 10 dragons.

5. Firebird2002

Firebird2002 Active Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I love this game, it's unlimited fun.
    Level 24 or 25 can't remember and I feel like I have so much to do and I still feel like I still at a low level.
    Is it just me or this game is awesome compared to oblivion.
    I kind of hated oblivion's story line because there is nothing special about your character like in morrowind in which you are the Indoril's reincarnation and in skyrim you are the dragon born.
    Oblivion was too dull and I hate the imperial theme in which everything is so in order and boring.
    In skyrim it is lively and you can become a werewolf, what's better than that.
    I love how in Skyrim you have awesome options and so much to do.
    Morrowind was my favorite elder scroll along with the expansion packs that made it all the more awesome after kicking Dagoth Ur's butt.
    Also another thing why oblivion wasn't my favorite there was no real final fight against a main enemy just Septim transforming into akantosh's avatar and fighting mehrunes dagon.
    I don't like the mehrunes dagon story because come on he is a big idiot who just doesn't give up.
    Every time he makes plans somehow a hero is mysteriously made to kick his butt.

6. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Just made my first daedric artifact! Ha, it's awesome, but not as good as my ebony armour collection (it was upgraded to legendary).

Oh, and killed my 21st dragon!

7. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    Just got to level 24 - barely started the main quest and have been doing all sorts of crazy side quests. My Favourite so far involved
    opening a fake Heart of Lorkhan in the underground dwemer city of Blackreach
    - which is the best dungeon I have played in an ES game since Daggerfall.

Seriously - I used to think Morrowind was the best game in the series, but now I don't think I could go back and play it again (even with my vast collection of mods that fix combat, upgrade the graphics, etc.) - Skyrim has spoiled me. Finally Bethesda has created a game that mixes first person action seamlessly with their unique RPG skill system (which is now mostly balanced). I think this is the best game I have played since the original Deus Ex.

/end fanboy rant :p

8. Zenkunta11

Zenkunta11 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    cannot wait to play this tomorrow!

I'm becoming a spellsword!

What race should I be?

Breton or dark elf.

9. Firebird2002

Firebird2002 Active Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Dark elf, I am one and it rocks.
    Just know when you choose dark elf you will severly out of place compared to being a Nord.
    I choose dark elf and boy oh boy I feel hated at times for no reason.
    I am a spellsword type character too and really the only thing that matters about what race you are is your start out in your fighting style.
    Later on in the game being another race bearly matters.
    A helpful hint is it is really hard to level up destruction magic so I prefer regeneration and conjuration which is really fun.

10. Zenkunta11

Dec 14, 2011
    I'm just going to get shadowmere and blast him with destruction until I am level 100:)

Also I was thinking a dark elf was better also, it is sooo ugly though

11. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I'm at level 25 and I've pretty much only done the Thieves Guild quests, three College quests, and a third of the main quest. Is that supposed to happen?

12. Zenkunta11

Dec 14, 2011
    Your obviously quite skillful. :p

And I'm sure it is possible depending on how much you level up certain things and how fast you do it.

13. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I'm at level 40 and have done all the missions up to where you have to look for the elder scroll. I have joined the companions, mages guild, thieves guild and dark brotherhood.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally played Skyrim again after over a week of not touching it, lol. Reached level 10 and level 52 destruction today. 6 dead dragons so far. They're seriously popping up everywhere now. Just trying to finish the main quest since I'm running short on time. Break is over in 2 weeks, and I won't be bringing it back to college with me. What's a good estimation of the game length if you're mainly just playing the storyline? I'm currently looking for the Elder Scroll. Estimate of how much of the campaign I have left? Thanks a ton.

15. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Wowy game, awesome, but still we have various bugs...and...what the..??? sometimes people start fighting without a reason :confused:

16. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Is it because they're bandits? And most things (or nearly everything) attacks you when it sees you.

17. Zenkunta11

Dec 14, 2011
    Tip:

Don't fight giants

18. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Unless your character is a badass like mine ;)

19. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I've killed around 9 of them. Use beast form.

20. 2 hours