What about Rolando 3?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sa66o6, Oct 11, 2009.

1. sa66o6

sa66o6 Member

Sep 4, 2009
    You all know about rolando 1 and 2.These games are awesome.My question is simple,what do you want from the game?Maybe a fully 3d levels,better story,some kind of multiplayer.If you were making the game,what would you add in the game?

2. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    No I don't.

3. sa66o6

sa66o6 Member

Sep 4, 2009
    What do you want from the game,this is my question,what is your request,what do you think will make the game better?

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Hopefully not a glorified Monkeyball with platforming...

No 3D please.

5. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    oh man, i completely forgot about rolando. i dont think i got halfway in the second one

6. saintsalive

saintsalive Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Playing pocket god! Oh, and other games.
    Pygmy Island
    Hope this comes out soon. I like rolando :D

7. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    I personally preferred the original Rolando over Rolando 2, so I hope they go back to the same style. The art style didnt seem as good with the 2d aspect added.

8. Cause007

Cause007 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I never felt very engaged with the other two... perhaps a more serious/darker tone for the third. The series needs a new direction, because the second game felt a bit stale, already. Also, palpable rewards (upgrades, new abilities, etc.) might keep the game fresh half-way through. Customization for rolondos, perhaps.

9. TimothyR

TimothyR Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    2 words:

Level editor.

'Nuff said.

10. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    i want that and i also want ngmoco to keep the drawbridges from R1; why did they take them out of R2?

11. Hudson RL

Hudson RL Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    England
    i think the visuals in rolando 2 are perfect and so is the sound, so that doesn't need changes. i just hope there will be more of a story, and co-op over bluetooth would be amazing.

12. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I agree, the drawbridges were my favourite game mechanic in the original. I think they were seen as too fiddly for the dumbed-down pretty game that was R2.

A level editor would be cool but most likely for the older graphics style I would say, which is a good thing except for the fact that I can't see them going back. Anyway, there should have been a bunch of hidden levels added to R2 by now; I guess they're either concentrating on R3 or are simply a bit behind.

13. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Fixed :D

14. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    I would really like to see an incorporation of your own fully customizable character. The is nothing that engages you into a game more than when you make a toon that you feel depicts yourself. I will buy Rolly3 nmw, but im just saying that would be a great addition.

15. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Online level editor & Online custom character editor would be freakin sick nasty! And I want an even better story, even though Rolando 2 was a big improvement from 1 and I want some online multiplayer levels and challenges =D! Anyways, what's up with 3? I mean seriously they said it would be out in November, and knowing Ngmoco they probably do have a team secretly working on it, but who knows! I think November is too early anyways, there is still a lot of money to be made off of 2 in my opinion and even though I don't want them to, I would wait til at least like May 2010 to release Rolando 3...

16. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    How can they think about 3 when R2 isn't selling? It hasn't even been in the Top 100 in Games for months!

17. Sfv818

Sfv818 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Buying Apps!
    California
    Perhaps Rolando 3D...Could be great if they did it right.

18. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    It pretty much never was in the top 100. And with the poor performance of the second game they are probably rethinking some things. I know they said the third game would be out in November, but ngmoco always gives release estimates several months before they actually come out. So I have no reason to believe them when they said November a while back, and when they do give another release window it will wrong too.

19. hex_me

hex_me Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Estimator
    Earth
    It'd be cool if it were a paper mario (on wii) style. Where it's predominantly just a normal platformer, but with the ability to flick to a 3D view to solve particular puzzles, much like the new paper mario.

In no way would i want to see it fully 3D, the 2D didn't do much for me in the sequel.
    The story is also a bit of a let down, not really engaging whatsoever, there's no real aspect that keeps you wanting to play to find out what happens next, so it looses interest after a while and i just forget to go back and play.

Also a bit more variety in the missions, more fun things to do and possibly power-ups. etc.