Universal Wayward Souls (by Rocketcat Games) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2014]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 23, 2014.

1. saucybag

saucybag Active Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Thanks Kepa

2. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    Thanks! Just downloaded it and managed to leave the first dungeon without any problems. :D

3. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I beat dimond level but where is guntlet? It says "unlocked"

I beat dimond level but where is guntlet? It says "The guntlet is now unlocked" but where is it?

4. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    That's an error. It's probably not until January now.

5. ryanini01

ryanini01 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Behind you
    I beat diamond with cultist again, and it gave me Diamond soul and Wayward souls.I'm only missing the 100 floors achievments. Maybe in an upcoming hotfix you could make it so the game detects the achievment when you put on the endless crown?

6. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Not a bad idea. Next update probably won't be for awhile, though. The iOS 8 madness drained our resources for updates.

Thinking January now, for the new dungeon mode: Gauntlet, a single-digit floor length quick play mode with new Nightmare versions of all bosses. Then some other tweaks I've been wanting to do, like making some Rogue and Adventurer items better. Though we might be able to do dropbox save syncing some time before then, with some small hotfixes? Not sure yet.

7. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    When PC game will be out? Will be on Steam too?

8. ryanini01

Apr 29, 2014
    Behind you
    Cool, Dropbox save sounds good too

9. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Sometime in the first quarter of 2015 is likely. Yeah, it should end up on Steam.

I posted cheat codes to our Facebook page. Also, could use ratings/reviews on Wayward Souls for the new version:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wayward-souls/id857555369?mt=8

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I suspect this will make a whole lot of people happy!

And I updated my iTunes review. =oD

Thank you guys so much for the fantastic post-release support!

11. ryanini01

Apr 29, 2014
    Behind you
    This whole iOS 8 thing was just a nightmare wasn't it. Just beat the hundred floors and got the last achievement. With the health regen taken off, it's a lot harder than before, but still doable. I like it. On this run and my floor 984 crashed run (still salty), I had to stay alert, because I couldn't just heal to full at the end of the floor.

12. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    What's planned for the new content update Kepa?

13. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    I beat 20 level dungeon with cultist and I got a dimond metal. But there is still one metal missing. I have already fully upgraded the character, what is the Madong metal?

14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The one in January or so? Probably the quick-play 7 level mode we were planning, the one with tougher versions of the current bosses. That and the Rogue and Adventurer changes we were planning for awhile. Off top of head, the stealth time Rogue items will be chanced to a free stealth when you're hit (armor upgrade) or when you kill a big enemy (boots upgrade). Adventurer would get a fix to his dashing boots finally (it's supposed to set enemies on fire) and we'd also take a look at his overall power.

Oh, that reminds me, what do people think of the Adventurer now? Now's a good time to make suggestions on stuff for him. I'll write down stuff that sounds interesting, and read it when we're working on him.

We're also going to do a new update shortly after the PC version, that will add the Paladin character and whatever else we missed. I still want to add pets and being able to tap on your equipment for descriptions. I'm actually wondering if we should do monster shops at this point, since being able to buy an extra life would be a pretty big deal. If not, maybe a coin-hoarders scoreboard haha.

ALSO in a couple weeks I think we'll do dropbox save syncing. It should be ready to go more or less, I just need the time to actually test it a lot. Busy with Death Road work, mostly.

Good to hear that it's at least challenging now. Not sure what to do with run crashing yet... have some ideas but not sure when we'll get around to it sadly.

Do you have all the achievements for Cultist? That's one of the medals I think... hard to remember haha.

15. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    I think that we need monster shops but don't make items waaaaaaaay toooooooo expensive. LOL.

16. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    I am thinking about if the game could allow more upgrade rather than 2 levels that will be great.
    Another thing is maybe we could have some effects for the hats rather than just the appearance.
    Since we have endless level and deep dungeon like 20 levels, a multiplayer feature will be awesome.
    How about a new character with mid range skill? Such as use mallet which is effective at middle range but sucks at in fight.
    Adventure is now much better.

17. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Can I ask why a ranger type character is not possible (sorry if you've answered this before). Couldn't you just duplicate the Mage, add some health, re texture the staff, Mage and the magic bolts into arrows and add some speed to the bolts and put infinite range on them? I don't know anything about coding and texturing so sorry if this is a bad question.

18. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I like the idea of a character with a specific range, but probably not in this game. Hat effects were planned when the game was going to be free to play, but we got rid of the concept after that. More upgrade levels: Nah, it would make everyone more powerful in general and I don't really want to do that.

Multiplayer: Not for this game, but we want to do an action RPG in the future built with co-op in mind, from the ground up. It's really something you should do from the beginning, rather than tack it on later.

It's possible, in fact we had a few different ones in mind. It simply got cancelled when the game went from being a F2P game with tons of characters to a paid game with fewer characters, except with upgrades that change their playstyle. We're only adding one more character, and it's already designed, so they're not happening for this game sadly.

For fun, here's what they were off the top of my head (and it's been awhile so):

Gunner - Dwarfy gunner with a weak shortsword, but an inventory of weapons all with ammo counts (replacing the one-use item inventory). You would swap between your shortsword and 3 different guns in the menu, and it would let you change what your attack was. Guns were rifles and pistols and shotguns, items were bombs and temporary self-buffing things.

Warper - Never finds upgrade forges. Instead his abilities would change chaotically, at certain times. He'd have a mix of cultist and mage spells, along with his own stuff, like an arm turning into a tentacle and doing a huge swipe.

Hunter - Shortsword, with her charge attack being a bow and arrow like the Cultist dagger throw. Traps (World of Warcraft Hunter stuff mostly). Her other ability would be a command for her attack pet.

None of those will happen now, but the ideas may make their way to other games in some form.

19. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    I find s bug that if you are playing the game but received a phone call, when you resume the game the music and sound effects stop working. The only way to take it back is to kill the game (iOS) and launch again.

20. namelastname112

namelastname112 New Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Please fix stealth on cultist, sometimes enemies can see you when you in stealth, like when they drop down from the ceiling or zombies whe raising from the ground, and when enemies got hit by explosion/spike block.