Books and one other question....

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by APP-MASTER-360, Jun 12, 2010.

1. APP-MASTER-360

APP-MASTER-360 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Is there any book people used to learn coding? Could you post a link to it on Amazon and also, like a lot of people, I want to make apps. My uncle is a registered dev and if he employed me, and log on his account, would I be able to get SDK?

2. APP-MASTER-360

Apr 12, 2010
  3. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Its been a 'while' since I learnt to code (I'm an old git) - but there are a LOT of beginners books and indeed online tutorials around if you look.

I'd recommend browsing amazon and selecting one which has positive reader reviews and 'snippets' from a chapter which appeal to you tbh, the style of book which appeal to me might well differ from ones which suit you.

4. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    It's pretty simple for him to let you develop. It would be just like setting up another dev machine for himself. You could download the SDK without having to log on as him at all. He would have to add your device(s) and send provisioning profiles and certificates.

5. APP-MASTER-360

Apr 12, 2010

Sweet! I'll e-mail him...

6. GnarKill

GnarKill Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    UI Engineer
    Bay Area
    if he is using an indie license I'm not sure that will work unless he allows you to code on his computer. Guy above me is right in you can just add another device to your account, but one of the original things you do when setting it all up is connecting your specific computer to your dev profile. If you have a corporate license you can use multiple machines.

7. Actually an individual license can definitely have multiple machines. You will need to export the private key you created on your first machine to other machines (this can be done in the Keychain application) in order to sign the code with the developer profile.

If you use an Ad-Hoc profile—not necessarily recommended because the debugger won't work in its entirely—you won't even need to do that.

8. APP-MASTER-360

Apr 12, 2010
    Wait wait. Your confusing (I'm not that smart with these types of things). Can you explain it so I can understand? And my uncle lives overseas so will that matter?