Games that didn't live up to expectations (2012)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bramblett05, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Burnout Crash...I went into it with an open mind, and I just came out utterly dissapointed....even if they made it as a brand new series, I would not have liked it

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Gameloft anit that bad but a few premeium games sorta had a freemeium feel and their freemeium are just plain money grubbers. EA proved that with simpsons tapped out

3. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    #23 J2o, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    Top of the list, the sequel... N.Y. Zombies 2.

Having played Bug Heros, Sky Gnome, and that throwing knife game, you would expect more from Foursaken company, but this sequel didnt live up to the expectations.

In the sequel, AIs are lame and the open world experience is limited. The only good thing for this game is gameplay, but the overall experience was disappointing. Unless Zenforms doesnt get any latest update ever, NY zombies will top the list for being the most disappointed game.

I agreed that Cartoon War Blade is rather disappointing but could have been live up to its expectation if it wasnt tied down by IAP purchases and terrible, slow leveling system.

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Borderlands was by far the worst of them all. I personally liked Horn, not sure why everyone dogs it. Of course I only paid a buck so maybe that's it.

5. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    The trailer with David Hasselhoff should have tipped you off. ;)

6. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I didn't mind paying 6 bucks for it but I hated the way the missions were laid out in the same small environments.

Pocket planes was by far my favorite freemium game ever. I can see why people didnt get into it

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yep, I'm going to have to go with Borderlands Legends. Expected so much from it. Don't think I was really disappointed by anything else.

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Its because the name borderlands everyone expected something only to get nothing but slow gameplay and crappy AI and no plot

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yep, Borderlands is one of the best series out there. Everyone hyped BL like made, including TA.

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Best battle heart clones so far: sefirah,fantasy adventure hell even nun attack or whatever it was called but borderlands....no where near decent or even ok.

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I think it's pretty clear that Borderlands was the biggest dissapointment of the year, but Verticus didn't live up to expectations either.

12. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Yes verticus or 7 minutes of blah. So boring and not that fun full of hype due to Stan lee but well look at avengers game

13. Madden 2012
    Capcom vs marvel 2
    Flashout
    Verticus
    Creavures
    X waterman
    Megaman x
    Tiger woods 2012
    This could hurt
    Razor salvation
    Pitfall
    Sonic jump
    Space hunter sandra
    Worms 2 armaggedon
    Ultimate mortal combat

Some of these are pre 2012

14. raymond_cgc

raymond_cgc Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    you doesnt think it was repetitive....did you even play to the end? Firsy 1 hour is amazing, then its downhill from there on...such a drag. Even the dev got admin in one interview the game should have been 50% shorter.

15. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Three games comes my mind:

Dead Trigger
    Flashout 3d
    Ravensword Shadowlands (Great game, but for the big hype everyone did, I thought it would be an epic game, but it is just good)

16. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    No I didn't finish it, Bastion came out and I haven't made it back yet.

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Damn wish bastion was on touch 4

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hmm... How about Beatdown! and Random Heroes?

19. Already said RH, and I never owned Beatdown, but I heard it was very disappointing.

Woblyware is really slipping. I hope they get their rep back and make amazing games like LoE again.

20. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, I agree.