Slice the Ice - a [Universal] ice-slicing physics puzzler

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FancyFactory, Oct 4, 2012.

1. FancyFactory

FancyFactory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    #1 FancyFactory, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    Hi everybody,

we are proud to announce our latest game - Slice the Ice - which has been submitted to Apple earlier this week. If all goes to plan the release date is around the mid of October.

- best things first, let's start with some screenshots and a trailer -

(please ** click ** an image below for a larger screenshot)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What is the game about?

So, in summary it can be said Slice the Ice is a member of the slicing puzzle games. You can freely destroy the made-out-of-ice 2D environment by slicing blocks out of the ice formations. A very simple one-touch gameplay is guaranteed.
    For a better ranking in the worldwide leaderboards (via Gamecenter) try to solve each level with as less slices as possible. Also, the less time you need and the more golden nuggets you collect the higher you score will rank. You can quickly solve a level, but it takes some thinking to solve it perfectly!

Slice the Ice will be available as an universal freemium game with native support for iOS 5.x compatible iPhone/iPod/iPad devices and iCloud savegame syncing.
    You can play the first world - 20 levels - for free! If you like the game you are welcome to purchase 4 more worlds for a total of 1.98$.
    Full iPhone 5 support will follow as an early update very soon after the games launch - we promise!

Slice the Ice is a co-production from Fancy Factory (Developer) and Playcaso (Publisher).

Do you have any questions? Please let me know!

Happy slicing! :)

Cheers, Axel from Fancy Factory

For more on Scrappy’s adventures, please visit
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/slicetheice
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/playcaso

2. artcue

artcue Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Gamedeveloper, Co-Founder of Artcue
    Vienna, Austria
    Such a great game

We had the honor of testing this great game in advance and we do not say this very often: but this game is just as cool as ice ;)
    Check it out as soon as it hits the App Store - you will love it.

3. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Looks like a cuter version of Vikings slice (recently removed from the AppStore) or icebreaker by nitrome.
    Looks quite nice, I'll probably pick it up.
    Though the ice seems to drop really slowly which irks me a little.

4. FancyFactory

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    Thanks for your feedback! I'm aware of Icebreaker (great flash game by the way!) and you are right - booth games share similar elements.

So the ice drops to slow for your taste? Then maybe it is an idea to add an "hardcore mode" with more realistic physics via update? For now the slower ice is simply better to handle. Timing is a key element of some of the puzzles in Slice the Ice. And the less you time you have to react the harder it becomes to solve these puzzles.
    And by the way, how "real" can a game be that's telling the story of a blue polar weasel named "Scrappy" who is collecting yellow rubber ducks by using a raft? ;):D

5. FancyFactory

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    The game will be out this Wednesday! :) I really hope you like it...