Should I get World Series of Poker?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Jan 8, 2010.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I played the Lite version of World Series of Poker, and I'm having fun enough with it that I'm not sure I should buy the game. I mean, is it that much better if I buy it?

I'm unsure at the moment, as silly as that may sound.

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    In other words: What makes the game worth buying?

3. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Its a good game but I think the mulltiplayer is just local, so if online multiplayer means a lot to you for a poker game then you may wanna try another. I still like Live Poker Deluxe because even with all its bugs I get to play against real people from all over all the time and the tables are always full.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

No, you can play it over wifi versus 8 opponents, as I unstood it.

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Well, I know Poker and Texas Hold 'Em are really different, but Card Ace is free I guess [online global MP] so if you want a card game to play, maybe you can go for that.

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I believe you should get it.

7. Glu_Ramon

Glu_Ramon Well-Known Member

A new update for World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend is available now which includes new 3-round shootout tournaments, enhanced and improved high stakes mode and regularly scheduled special events for extra cash.

8. DJCaseyD

DJCaseyD Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    It's a fun game, but as someone who really enjoys poker, I'm getting extremely frustrated with this game. In the higher level tournaments of the legend career, the tournaments almost feel scripted. The computer seems to come up with hands out of its rear end and I can't tell you how many times I've lost to a runner runner or river hand. I can get to the top 2 or 3 almost every time and just about every time, I lose to some card on the river or two on the turn and river. That's when I get all my money in with the best hand 9 out of 10 times. It's seriously frustrating.

Also, the tournaments start you over after you get through one table with the same amount of money as everyone else. That really needs to be changed.

I do like how they have special days when they give you 2X your winnings, etc. Today it's a 3X Memorial Day special in Legends Career. I've been racking up money. Unfortunately, the computer doesn't seem to want to give me a fair chance to actually win a high money tournament.