bear. NEW iPHONE GAME DEVELOPMENT TEAM RECRUITING!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by xiao, Feb 10, 2009.

1. xiao

xiao Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    #1 xiao, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    [​IMG]

Hello, my small iPhone game development team "bear." is looking for members to help us develop our games. Anyone joining the team will be compensated evenly with the rest of the members in the team.

We currently consist of two people, myself and another. We have game design and art currently covered. What we need are the following (from most needed to least)

- Lead Programmer
    - Sound Designer
    - Musician

We are currently working on two games and are in the planning stages of a third. We are focusing mainly on "Trig" at the moment. Here are the games:

Trig
    "Trig" is an action puzzle game fusing many other games creating a new genre. There is no "matching 3" and there is are no colored blocks. Instead, it shares more in common with Every Extend Extra Extreme or Boomshine, mixed with a theme of launching rockets to set off combos. It uses the touch screen intuitively.

Planned Price: $0.99

Nakamundo
    "Nakamundo" is early in the development process (currently it exists only in concept art and ideas). It is best described as a wonderfully happy apocalypse simulator, where you control Mundo, a hungry, growing, viscous blob who starts the size of a water drop and eventually consumes the entire planet. Think "Katamari Damacy" meets "Loco Roco" and "de Blob." It is a two dimensional platformer with an unique and fun art style (that looks nothing like loco roco or rolando), and very unique gameplay that takes full advantage of the iPhone's control scheme.

Planned Price: $2.99

----------------------------

Let me know if you are interested in joining. If you are going to join, we're going to need to see an example of the work you have developed previously. While Trig's programming may not be too difficult, Nakamundo may require a more full-fledged team.

We are taking this seriously so only apply if you are serious about it!

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'd just like to say that Nakamundo sounds really intriguing.

3. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    If out need music, I might be able to help, also at soundcloud.com/ktfright

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Let me know if you need any visuals; I can do about anything you need. I think.

5. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I could probably improvise a soundtrack for things on the piano. I don't need to get paid :D.

6. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    im only learning programming, but maybe in a month or so i would be able to help out the lead, or possibly become lead. Sounds interesting though.

7. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    beta tester?

8. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Dio, your not going to win going around asking like this. Tsk, tsk. Isn't there are rule about that?

9. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    shhh...

10. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    These ideas sound great. Honetly I just started wondering if any dev would ever make an EveryExtendExtra kind of game good to see some new devs are pulling through to my un-written request. If I wasn't trying to start my own dev career path I would apply gladly, but sadly that is not the case.

Just my two cents, but I think you should take those ideas of your games down or at least Nakamundo. Those are great ideas(in my opinion) and it would be a shame to see your ideas used by someone else before you got yor game developed and published, then again just my two cents.

Also Good Luck!

11. xiao

xiao Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    #11 xiao, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    We'll keep you in mind, thanks. "Genius" sounds great. :) That kind of sampling is what we would be going for in Nakamundo.

Thank you! I think once the visual style is introduced people will be shocked at its originality. It's planned so far to be almost entirely black and white. Expect something different!

Cool, do you mean from an artistic or technical standpoint? We need particle effects and the like.

Piano music would be nice. :D Do you have any examples?

Thanks, let us know if you're interested once you become ready.

In time, Dio. In time. :p

So you're attempting to also become a dev? Excellent! :D

Yeah, I was thinking about that as I posted them. I think I'll take them down and have them available at request. However, they are vague enough that I don't think anyone would be able to jack them directly...

12. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    YEah!

But on a more serious note, i really look forward to your ideas coming out in the app store, they both sound great, and not too pricey!
    Good Luck!

13. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Yeah i dont think that will be a problem. They are specific enough to give us an idea, but only that. There are many ways in which those games could go. (runs off to steal game idea) HA.

14. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Yea my only problem which is holding me down is money for all the programs and liscenses and what not, but that is only because I've only recently realized how I will "attack" my goal and in which order, in what pace, and with what tools I will use in order to succeed. I've been working with photoshop and spriting for some years so I have the art aspect of developing pretty much down packed all I need now is the tools and knowledge and i'll be good to go. Im going to learn about coding(have the books) while I earn the money so once I finish learning I should be done earning the money (hopefully), but yea good to see more original and entertaining ideas are starting to be created, again good luck and being the art fanatic I am I can't wait to see your style for your games.

15. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    runs off to steal game?? :confused:

odd.

16. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Oooo...this has me pretty interested now :)

17. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    how far along are the apps?

18. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    #18 renton, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
    i sent you a private message about a needing a full tier musician.. resume upon request!

thad jones
    hakaudio - iphone musician

19. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Yeah, apparently he doesn't know the copy and paste function for his computer, so he had to go grab a pen and paper?!

Noob. ;)

20. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    if you need pixel level UI or sprite art, let me know!

Good luck with development :)