Chaos Rings Omega [Square Enix]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by strivemind, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    maybe, but the thing is, to technically beat the game you have to beat it with all the sets of characters and unlock a different ending or somehting

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yes, I know. Lol..What I'm saying is truly completing the entire game took less than 25 hours for me so your numbers surprised me haha.

3. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    yeah
    i was just saying that could easily take 30 + hrs to beat, if you were slow and grinded a lot
    i spent about 9 on the first person myself

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Well, that's not too unreasonable for the first pair. It just gets a lot easier after that since you keep all your skills and already know what to do. You'll be at the hidden boss in no time.

5. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    How did I miss this news???
    because of Zenonia 3 C:
    Anyway, one more great RPG for iOS is never a bad thing~

6. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
  7. Arktar

Arktar Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    For the sequel, if you take the picture that you get after beating Piu-Piu with all characters, you see these dark coloured characters. We fought with these Atman copies of the couples, but it never truly explained what they were. The other monsters were monsters that became too powerful to hold and were sealed away (i.e. Libido.)
    So maybe the sequel's plot would have something to do with the Atmans and Piu-Piu?
    And if you beat Piu-Piu twice with all the characters just to get the Super Bikini for everyone, and get them up to level 100 then it could potentially take 35 hours (Took me 32 hours).

8. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010

Looks basically, exactly the same :confused:

9. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Yeah it really does. Like all they did was add a new set of characters. Maybe this should have been an iAP?

I'm hoping later trailers and release information will show us otherwise.

10. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    :mad:
    Disappointed! Why are they recycling character animations!?!? I wouldn't mind if it was some simple animations in 2D Final Fantasy games, but recycling the same old 3D animations that you've seen too many times isn't creative or interesting (even with new characters).

Still, wouldn't stop me from buying this even with the above complaint... This just doesn't quite meet my expected production value from Square Enix...

11. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I absolutely love Chaos Rings as a fantastic original. The video of Omega looks like they are just re-using most of their stuff. Really not a lot of new things to see. Would have loved to see a completely other setting, hope the story can still surprise.

The original is by far my favorite iRPG and one of the best mobile AAA titles available. And again: It's not just a cheap port or lame copy. So, I'm looking forward to part 2 of the series. Please keep the quality up, SE. This can be your new Final Fantasy series for the idevices.

12. Remmy

Remmy Member

Jul 24, 2010
    So this is basically the same game with four new storylines? I am having hard time finishing the orignal's third pair, not sure I'd want to do more walkthroughs of this. :\

13. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    You guys seem to forget that one of the best features of the game was the epic storyline, and even though I know nothing in Japanese this one doesn't seem to be lacking. There also seems to be new puzzles and the environments look altered slightly. Remember guys this is not a sequel, think of it more as The Lost and the Damned when compared to GTA IV

14. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Nope, it's the same game with only one storyline.

15. FlaminglyBoss

FlaminglyBoss Active Member

Dec 22, 2010
    It looks like they didn't even add completely new characters. It looks like the escher pair has returned, except older, and slightly (not really slightly) more buffed up :p

16. ps49556n

ps49556n Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Wow this looks AWESOME!!!! CANT WAIT!!!

17. Arktar

Arktar Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Pretty sure those two were young Olgar and Vahti o_O
    Other pair were Rachael or something (mentioned in original Chaos Rings)
    Classic Ayuta + new girl
    Random new pair

18. FlaminglyBoss

FlaminglyBoss Active Member

Dec 22, 2010
    well i was reading the article, and it looks like that yeah, probably olgar and vahti are returning, but the guy who looks kinda like escher is a new guy... maybe ancestor of escher?

19. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Voice acting was the thing the original CR needed the most. Storytelling is what this game's about. Must buy for me hopefully we get faster iPad release this time around. Last time when the trailer came out it was only a month away or less before CR came out.

20. loptr

loptr Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Information Architect
    Singapore
    I always assumed Escher and Musiea, after many cycles, grow up to be Olgar and Vahti.