iPhone Feedback wanted: MOBA world painting

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by flavortext, Jan 26, 2013.

1. flavortext

flavortext Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Hey Everyone,
    I'm an indie developer working on an original MOBA for iPad and I'm looking for feedback! We just did a rendering of our world at a much more dramatic angle. What do you guys thinks about this world concept?

We're imagining the arena is on top of a vale. The spawn point is that island floating off to the side (under the tree in this shot) connected to the mainland by a bridge of tree roots and rock.

So, what do you think? look interesting?

Attached Files:

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Hm... Well I'm not all that familiar with MOBAs, so my opinion probably isn't worth much. However, I will say this concept art looks a little too much like Guardians of Middle-Earth and Smite. I think the connotation of a fantasy setting is what gives me the feeling of Guardians of Middle-Earth, and the color palette is what gives me the idea of Smite.

Truthfully, despite the concept art being a little less pretty around the edges, the concept art you posted in this thread is more to my liking. It still has a fantasy vibe, but I am unaware of many MOBA games that utilize the colors and bio-luminescence that that concept art picture shows off. I'm a sucker for some bio-luminescence, though, so I'm biased :p

Overall, though, very good concept art!

3. flavortext

flavortext Member

Nov 9, 2012
    #3 flavortext, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks for the honest feedback MasterChief. Guardians of middle earth is a really pretty game IMO, so I'll take it as a compliment :-D

We're planning for both images to be inspiration for the 3D environment. This is a more dramatic painting but of the spawn area. The other image is more of a screenshot style painting but inside the forest. So I hope you'll like our final map (with lots of glowing crystals!).

4. snozzyboy

snozzyboy Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Looks really good