Is final fantasy IV worth it?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Koalachlamydia77, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Koalachlamydia77

Koalachlamydia77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I love the final fantasy series, but I haven't played IV. Is it worth $15.99?

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    For a fan of the series it is worth it. I eennoy playing it (again on iOS). The story is interesting and gameplay challenging at times. There is a good chance it will eventually be cheaper if you can wait (probably at least a year). If you do wait consider cheaper iOS jrpgs like Fall of Angels, RPGs by Kemco (often on sale for $0.99), Dragon Fantasy, etc...

3. Koalachlamydia77

Koalachlamydia77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Ok thanks!

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    You might wish to consider Final Fantasy Dimensions. Somehow 3D and oldskool Final Fantasy looks weird to me.

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Everyone values money a little differently. I'm not going to tell you it's "worth it". FF4 is one of the most critically acclaimed in the series though. And in my personal opinion 4, 6, and 7 were the best FF has had to offer to date.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #6 Vovin, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013

+1.

If you are into JRPG's, this is one of the titles you should not miss.
    And the game does't last for hours... it lasts for several dozen of hours. That's a lot of bang for your bucks.

And while you're at it, grab The Dark Gate from Kemco, too.
    It offers a cool job system paired with other nice game mechanics and an enjoyable story.