Any way to get old games that I bought back after they've been removed from the store

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Yagami_Light, May 22, 2014.

1. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I used to have an iPhone a few years back, but after I switched to Android, I deleted my backup of old iOS games. I recently bought an iPhone 5 off of a friend, and wanted to use it to play some of the old games I used to enjoy, but some of them seem to have been removed from the app store, this one in particular:

http://toucharcade.com/2009/04/08/1st-person-perspective-space-trader-moon-madness-now-available/

Sadly, it doesn't show up under my old purchases, and I can't find it on the store? Any way to get this game back?

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    There's a way to get it back, but it requires you to use pirated software.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Not that it helps but i'm surprised more and more people dont backup all their games and just store them somewhere in the 'cloud'. You get 50 gig free with a lot of sites, i'm with Pogoplug, odd sounding name but thats infinite space for a cheap price (damn i'm sounding like an advert).

4. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Popoplug? Never heard of them! I use ADrive 50gb free

5. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    You can often see additional downloads under your "Purchased" list in iTunes on your computer. Not sure why they don't all show up on the iPhones and iPads

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah i never heard of it before, its way cheaper than Dropbox plus the best thing is its infinite space, and you can pay monthly via your itunes credit if you have some. Currently got 400 gig backed up, after two hard drive failures i now feel safe !

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    CAn I ask what happens to your data when you are unable to pay the monthly fee, I'm torn between buying a massive external hard drive or going with cloud storage. I love how you can access your stuff from all your devices with the cloud stuff and I'm using Dropbox at the moment with 50 gig free for two years but need something more permanent.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I havent looked into that, normally you get a few weeks to pay your bills and then they'll delete it all after that warning for a few weeks.

Yearly its about £35 which is far far cheaper than any other service i've found. I just pay monthly as i can use my itunes credit. As its soooooo cheap, even if i lost my job or was skint i'm sure i could still afford £3.50 a month ;)

I like it as i can download pdfs/cbr (comic books) from Pogoplug and access them via ComicZeal.

Basically years ago my hard drive failed, hadnt backed up all my photos and stuff, had to pay about £600 for a 'forensic' company to recover the data. Aha i thought, this time an external drive by Western Digital. All is good !

2 years later that starts making a noise and yep it failed. Again had to pay a lot of money to recover it.

So now i have a new external drive and most of my important things backed up on Pogoplug with everything else, and a few important files on Box/Dropbox as well

External drives are good but they're not 100 safe. On a comic book forum i'm on some kid just lost 200+ gig of comics !

Yeah i was with Dropbox and paid for 100 gig but thats running out in June, the price is way too high. Love the way i can chuck it on my Dropbox drive on my computer but cant justify that cost. Pogoplug i had never heard of before but did a bit of research, large company from America. So far so good, can access all my files (not as quick as Dropbox) but well worth it.

Remember you can get 50 gig with Dropbox (but i dont think you can copy over folders if its the free one) and 50 with Mega i think it is which is far quicker than it used to be.

But i'm loving Pogoplug. I wouldnt trust completely JUST an external drive, but get the free 50 gigs from the various companies (might many more others recently as its a growing market) and backup super important stuff there as well just in case.

Geeky i know but i love it that if i'm away with work or at my parents i've still got access to any files i need via Pogoplug. If i need something from my PC I use Awake to awake my PC (most modern PC's allow you to use an IP address to 'awake' them) and then use TeamViewer (free) to access my PC if i need to, i used to use logmein but they got rid of the free version