Universal Need for Speed™ Most Wanted - (by EA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. SatriaNeoCPS

SatriaNeoCPS Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    SP is points u earned to unlock new car and climb up the ranking.

2. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    So you can't spend them like any other skill points?

3. SatriaNeoCPS

SatriaNeoCPS Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    #503 SatriaNeoCPS, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    HTML:

Rip73 below u on the speedwall but get gold while u silver?
    Im confused.

4. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe

Thanks for your thoughts about the cars.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #505 Rip73, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    Well, no, not really. They don't go anywhere, they just build up as you win races and get achievements (such as drifting and knock downs).
    Those sp points are like the cash price of a car but they are not cash, they are just points.
    For example a Koenigsegg is 700,000 sp points but that's not a purchase price, which is 2 million. Once you get the 700,000 sp points the Koenig unlocks and you can then buy it for 2 mill. You're cash will go down by 2 mill but you're sp will stay the same.
    No problem. You're welcome.
    That might be each track having a different speed wall. Plus origin sometimes doesn't sync up right when my wifi is connected to a lot of data on multiple computers so my high speed for the gold may not have synched. I've noticed a couple of times that my fastest time hasn't uploaded. (Despite a 120 meg broadband. Obviously need to disconnect a computer or two)

6. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Well when I look on the track , a streat race driving sports cars called "Sporting Change" in the beltway cup, I have a time of 1:30.84 while you have a time of 1:31.28. You're right in the fact that sometime my best time doesn't update, but I got a better time out of ALL of my friends, and I know for a fact that some people got a higher cup and higher time then I did, with them getting glod and me getting silver.
    Also what specific car for the exotic category would you reccomend, the Mclaren, Aventador, or Pagini. Is it worth the extra $100,000's to get the next car up with an increase of half a skill point?

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #507 Rip73, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    The Aventador has the best handling.
    Pagani is a bit more jittery but better outright speed of the two.
    If I had to pick one, the Aventador is the best all round package.
    Mclaren is good but not quite in the league of the other two.

That cup/time thing is odd all right. On that same race on mine it says my friends have yet to compete on it so who knows. Could be (probably is) the AI beating you cup wise but you still getting a good time.

Edit. It just updated and you're a second ahead of me. I shall have to remedy that.:)
    I'll have to use the Lambo this time. Second behind in the Porsche behind a Lambo wasn't too bad.

Edit 2. Just beat your time and came second in the race over all. The difference is the competition AI, they don't always take the same route or get caught out by cops in the same way.
    So simply, the games quite clever.
    I like that, it shows every street race can play out in a variable way.

8. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #508 Brrobotix, Nov 4, 2012
    So a few things, first I love drifting, but I've found that in almost all cases its more effective to just take a better line and not turn hard enough to start a drift, given how wide all the roads are. Is there a point at which drifting starts to actually become useful? I'm currently using mostly the porsche right now, and I'm 5th on the most wanted list, so I guess you could say I'm about halfway through the game.

Also, is there a point at which the prize money for winning races starts to make buying mods for every race more of a feasible option? or does the cost of mods scale with the prize money?

Finally I just started up an "add me on origin" thread. You can get a lot of sp by adding people on origin so I figured we could help each other out and get free sp that way. its right here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=164436

9. MikeDG00

MikeDG00 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    a prinny
    with penguins
    Compatible with itouch 4? Os 4.3.3

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #510 Rip73, Nov 4, 2012
    There is already an Origin NFS thread set up in the "mmo codes and add me" section of the forum.
    It's linked in the first page of the thread and link below.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=163528

I'd get a mod to merge that if I were you.

The costs of mods scales up to a max for the top 2 mods of 8000. Less for the rest.
    And some races net you 48,000 anyway so even with two top mods, you'll earn 32,000 for a win.

Plus, in relation to drifting, you might be talking about skidding more so. If you turn hard, you'll skid which will scrub a lot of speed off.
    For drifting, you place you're right thumb on the screen and turn normally to control the drift. Leave your thumb placed on the screen to keep drifting and lift it off to stop drifting.

Plus there's 60 separate events to race just to help, your position in the most wanted list wont determine how many events you've done or left to do.

11. Jasonv2

Jasonv2 Active Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Hey Rip73, I'm coming up on beating the game, will have nearly a mill saved to buy the Aventador. What race do you recommend grinding at that point to make the most money?

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #512 Rip73, Nov 4, 2012
    Callahan district checkpoint will get you 49,000 for a win and 39,500 for a silver and its relatively easy.

A lot of cars from the Porsche carrera up will get gold easily and a lot more will get silver.
    And just about any car will get bronze which is 33,000. Well maybe not hummer but anything else. Well maybe not 'anything' else. A lot of cars though.

Use Porsche carrera as best choice for that race if you already have it. (Which you should)
    So that's a min of 33,000 a pop. You won't need mods for it.

The Aventador will beat that event easily so its a handy way to build up to higher cars.
    There are other nearly 50 grand events that will get a lot easier once you master a course.

McClane hyper competitive is another good one for money.

And if you have a top tier car Kruger ave a bridge too far is a good one but its quite tough to win.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The more I play this the more I fall in love with it. Everything, especially the music, oozes quality and just outright fun.

14. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    This game is so awesome, got it on release, played for 3 hours.. And now I can't open the damn thing without crashing.

Also I'm back.

15. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    This.

The DNA of this game is just right. I see myself playing this a year from now easily. I'm not saying I will play it nonstop for the next year, but it's one of those games I will come back to and enjoy every time.

16. Estagmar

Estagmar Member

Oct 8, 2012
    This game is just EPIC ... Second time i cannnot put down a game on my iPad (first was Bastion). I've been playing it since it's release, just finished all the events and now i'm trying to complete al the ”achievements". Are they enough to get the Bugatti? ... It's also the first time i play a NFS and the cops can actually change the race results ... Simply awesome game.

17. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Simply awesome Indeed. I love it.

Just haven't been able to open it for 3 days.

18. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Well hello there ;)
    On a side note, I would normally reccomend deleting and reinstalling, but I have yet to find out if Origin/iCloud keeps your progress, so when you reinstall your progress would be saved. Does anybody want to try it out?

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #519 Rip73, Nov 4, 2012
    A delete and a clean install won't save you're actual game progress.

But, if you have an origin account and were logged in last time you played, you're skill points will be saved to origin so you're achievements and unlocks are there.

You will have to buy all your cars again though.

A back up to iTunes and a restore will save your progress though, but we all know that's a pain in the ass and very time consuming.

On a side note, if you're getting those kind of issues (game crashes and the like), do a back up, then do a full clean factory restore through iTunes and once clean restore has completed, restore from back up.
    It'll save all your progress but clear out cache, other folder and temp files (and other things that cause a slow down) that are clogging up your ram.
    It is the best thing because those crash problems will only get worse across the board.

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I just made the brutal mistake of buying NFS:MW on PS3 this morning. Now I'm not saying the iOS version isn't a great game and a huge step in the right direction, but I'm definitely not enjoying it as much as I was at first. Tough break.