My kid Loved Lego Marvel Superheros. Need replacement!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ToddlerGotMyPhone, Jul 22, 2015.

1. ToddlerGotMyPhone

Jul 18, 2015
    My 3 year old son LOVED Lego Marvel Universe in Peril for his iPad. He isn't sophisticated enough to follow directions or really even pass levels if they get too complicated. But he LOVED the free play aspect of the game. Loved that he was easily able to master the ability to defeat bad guys, and occassionally defeat a boss...all without having to jump through too many role playing hoops.

Thinking the heir apparent was Lego Batman Beyond Gotham, I bought it, and it was a failure. Right fromt he beginning, the game doesn't have enough free play. He, and even I, for awhile, couldn't pass the first level. Lots of pop up boxes with text for reading, which he, as a 3 year old, can't do.

I was hoping Lego Jurassic World would work, but apparently, that won't be on the iPad or iOS for awhile. I've got a 12 hour flight coming up next month and need something awesome to keep my son busy. HELP!!!!!

2. jetveetlev

jetveetlev Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    I found that most games with double stick gun is playabe by kids.
    Have you try gunbros?

3. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    If I recall correctly, Star Wars Lego had a lot of free play and it's awesome too if you want your kid to know more about Star Wars.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Yep, you don't have to read the beginning stories and the characters only grunt and speak images. Lego Star Wars is the best choice

5. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    At least in terms of its set-up, the LEGO Movie Video Game is the closest one on iOS to LEGO Marvel.

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Definitely agree,Lego Star Wars - no need to read much,easy to learn,it's super mega awesome.

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Castle of Illusion with Mickey Mouse?

8. ToddlerGotMyPhone

Jul 18, 2015
    Thank you so much guys for the info. I will give it a try. Any non Lego brand games that might also compare?

9. ToddlerGotMyPhone

Jul 18, 2015
    Got to try Lego:Starwars briefly. It felt like a 'completing missions' focus. Lego Marvel Superheros is more about fighting a bunch of easy to beat minions to get to an easy to beat boss, and then getting rewarded by unlocking other superheroes who have new and different powers to beat the next level of easy bad guys.