Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I think it will depend on where it is located cuz I'm going Bux broke re-arranging my fleet each time a new one begins, spending more Bux than the Bux prize for the event.

2. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    And we have mystery parts again. :)

3. Teodor2004

Teodor2004 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    What does a mystery part look like?

4. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    It's a mystery

Actually, it's a tall gold cargo box with an exclamation point on it. And it's colored orange (like a global event person/cargo is blue)

5. Teodor2004

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    Yay. Found one in Shenyang.

6. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
  7. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Train, you got your wish. This new event is a blimp. I've never had a blimp, only heard you all talking about it.

Still ExtremelyNorth to me: I'm in shock when I saw Faye's post of the top 10 that someone is ahead of you. I cannot imagine delivering 2k jobs per hour. How to even get that many jobs? And even if you have the jobs AND the planes, your fingers/iPad/iPod/iPhone must be fast enough to allow you to send them off.

Now I'm thinking of strategy ideas. This is one thing I like about PP. Each new event forces me to think about new strategies.
    E.g. Mohawk or kangeroo (I don't have any)

8. Teodor2004

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    I can send you a couple mohawks if you want them,

9. Varza

Varza Active Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I like Mohwaks, they fly faster and look better. I got 2 Cs on this mission already. And 2 Ps. Oh yay! Can't do anymore. I hope to make a good profit when my aero and pearjet start brining in event stuff from Europe :D

Also, has anyone gotten the rewards for the last event yet? I understand it can take a few hours, but... the new one already started. And I'm paranoid :p

Edit: @CastlePage - I have a spare Airvan C that I can send you. Has the same capacity as Mohawk and is cheaper to operated... it's slower but not as slow as the Roo. Yes, I am noob. I won't even mention the Navigators in my hangar. Oh wait...

10. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    And as expected ... North is leading at #1 with 50 jobs for Ottawa. :D

11. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    :D;):D [very excitedly] I SAW A MYSTERY PART !!!

I was going through the my list passengers/cargo and saw an orange line in the midst of blue lines. BTW, before I load the plane, I didn't see it at the airport (I checked that there's 4 min before new job, unload it, see it at airport view, then load it again).

12. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    LOL, I haven't started sending anything, so yes for the very first time I'm seeing Faye at #6 with 24jobs, Vic Sark at #8 with 23 jobs and Teodor2004 at #10 with 19 jobs.

North: if you are not upset at my renaming you as Supremely/Extremely North, please add CastlePage at GC.

13. Teodor2004

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    You dont need speed on this event. A round trip from New york to Ottawa takes 9 minutes. I send my Seq M`s to New york and let the Roos take them the rest of the way. I might throw 4-5 seq`s in the hangar and let my aero`s send jobs from the class 2 cities in the us.

14. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    The problem with this event is the proximity to NY. I do not want to sit here all night babysiting Roos back and forth between cities!!! :( I'm going to continue with my North America to Asia long distance runs and drop off Ottawa jobs as they pass through NY.

15. Teodor2004

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    CastlePage: I sent you three mohawks and some parts

16. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    #7556 CastlePage, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    Teodor and Varza: You are too generous. I have 5 mohawks in my hangar. :) Got them for the Easter Island event sometime ago. I was wondering whether to re-use them (3 capacity) or get kangeroo (4 capacity).

I'm lvl 28 with 19 plane slots. I'm still in the stage of chasing coins and bux (same as KitFisto22). Is it more profitable to do long journeys (e.g. Tokyo/seoul to newyork/chicago, or should I concentrate on North America since the global event is at Ottawa? For the last Bangalore event, I let chicago/newYork to "rot" and concentrated on traffic from Seoul/Tokyo and London/Paris.

Aside:
    1. had to laugh at sending Tiny Tower to Mumbai for 3 bux. I haven't closed Mumbai yet.
    2. Wonderful feeling seeing the mystery part on the plane crossing the Atlantic to New York :D

Edit:
    1. Mystery part arrived safely in Ottawa. A blimp control :D
    2. Teodor: Received mohawks with much thanks :) :D

17. Teodor2004

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    I should do the same. I have about 400k coins and i should save up for slot 21,
    but after you added me on GC a couple days ago ive been playing Virtual city playground alot. I found it in your gameslist and i wish i didnt try it.
    Its to addictive. How many planes do you send to ottawa? I can see that you are in 1st place. Where are you from? Its 1045 am here in Norway so the sunday events are perfect for me.

18. Teodor2004

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    My mystery part is 31 minutes away from New york so it should be in Ottawa in 35 minutes. How many mystery parts have you found?

19. Taylorpunk17

Taylorpunk17 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Student
    #7559 Taylorpunk17, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    Total scores in top 10 so far:

1: 118
    2: 117
    3: 115
    4: 90
    5: 80
    6: 80
    7: 75 (Me)
    8: 64
    9: 57
    10: 56

first time in top 10, very happy :D

20. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Heh, you don't want to know how much my next plane slot cost . . . . nearly 10 million!!! :eek: But I don't see myself buying any additional plane slots, 28 planes keeps my busy enough. I stopped playing PP for the night, but I'm pretty sure SlightlyNorth was ranked #1 the last time I looked. I'll probably drop down quite a bit after I go to bed (any minute now, it's 2AM in California) as Ottawa is an easy city for people to rack up a bazillion jobs.

I haven't played Virtual City in a long time. Most of the games you see listed in GC are the ones my daughter plays, all those Hello Kitty games are really not my thing. LOL