Universal Hundreds - (by Semi Secret Software, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok let us end the bickering and blaming people. If you don't like this game then people who don't stop writing in the fourms. It doesn't seem to be a tap fest it looks like it requires thought and yes it's a game and the devs took their time with this regardless of what type of game this is.

2. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    You're absolutely right, and I completely apologise for that. My original post was directed at somebody else, and when you replied to me stating that I claimed you called the developers a liar, for some reason I totally missed that you weren't the poster in question. For the record, I wasn't talking about you, but about Cofunguy. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Looks like we both got a little wire-crossed on this one. ^_^

3. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Found a bug on level 37, if you try to block one of the spinning blades into a corner with the circle with 3 stripes on it, the game will freeze. The 2 tiles overlap & that looks like what causes the game to freeze.

4. aeiowu

aeiowu Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Game Developer
    Chicago
    Thanks for the report! I just confirmed this. It's actually on level 38 (level 37 doesn't have any mallets). I'll put it in the list and we'll address it ASAP. Thanks again! :)

5. Ax23000

Ax23000 New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Um, this does NOT fail that definition. It is a form of play, with a set of rules, that is decided by skill and occasionally luck. What part of that can you argue?

They didn't promise anything not there. If you messed up and got something not to your taste, that's your failing. You do not deserve a refund.

6. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Having reached level 31 on my iPhone last night I've now installed it on my iPad Mini, upon launching it has my levels back at the start???

Okay, just launched again on iPhone and instead of 31, the first 10 are shown, only level 10 didn't have any completed time against it so I've just completed it again and now it shows the next 10 levels as done and I've had to complete level 20 to get the next 10 to show with all my times again???

Launched on iPad again and they both appear to now show the first 30 done at least - definitely something very flaky with the iCloud sync though.

7. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Oops, meant to put level 38, sorry. Great game by the way, tricky but satisfying :)

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Here, here! Substantive points can be clearly made with decorum and respect.

9. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Slight usability issue: there doesn't appear to be any way to get back to the main menu once you've entered a level (if you've selected the wrong level, for example), apart from to actually go ahead and play the level, and either fail or complete it.
    I would've thought tapping on the level number on the left would bring up the menu, but no joy...

10. ChrisJT

ChrisJT Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    okay here's an honest question critique: so theres 100 levels and thats it? is there any replayability to this game? or will it just sit in a folder on my phone after i beat the levels

11. aeiowu

aeiowu Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Game Developer
    Chicago
    there is endless replayability, and not just in replaying the first 100 levels. there are more than 100 levels. i don't want to give away any spoilers so that's all i'll say. if you want PM me and I can speak more to it.

Good idea! Pause is something we struggled with, but on the iPhone5 that makes a lot of sense. iPhone5s came around very late into development. I'll add that to the list for possible features in an update. thanks for the feedback.

12. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #112 BrettArchibald, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    No problem. I didn't even realise the iPad version didn't come with a side-menu, like the iPhone 5 does. I just launched the iPad version now after playing for quite awhile initially on the iPhone 5, and yeah, it's quite different! :(

I'd also put forward the request of separate music and sound-fx options in the settings menu, if you're taking suggestions... :)
    I like to all play my games with the music off but the sound-fx on.
    Cheers.

13. lookmanohands

lookmanohands Active Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Not really feeling this. It might be because I'm playing on an iPhone where the game becomes more frustrating than it is fun. The game isn't bad, but with all the press this is getting I expected a lot more out of it.

14. kalel39

kalel39 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Ok buddy, spill the beans!

Im on level 26 so far and am enjoying this game immensely. (Send it to me in PM if you want to keep it a secret from the rest of the gang).

15. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Pretty cool game. I remember this genre being somewhat popular on iOS awhile back, but I never found a good take on it before.

But uh, is it REALLY worth 3 dollars?? And what the hell, it's going to be 5 DOLLARS soon if I'm hearing things right??? Is this "game" (in quotes because it's being hotly debated as to whether this is a "quote" unquote "game") REALLY WORTH 5 dollars?

I dunno

(leaning back and watching this thread get constantly bumped to the top with price arguments)

16. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Totally worth $3. I didn't regret the purchase one bit. Play it on iPad or the mini... This type of game is better on the larger screen.

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Sling your Hook. ;)

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This does appear to be a variation on the make circles fill the screen without touching something else genre that we had too many of in the past. It does look like an improvement on those, but I'm not sure if I want to spend $3 on this. Maybe. Not sure.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Just to add some perspective to all of this, I just paid over $3 to add bacon and avocado to the omelette I just ate.

edit: Wasn't even organic or gourmet in any way.

20. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    I'll buy if Semi Secret tells me where the robots that attacked the world in Canabalt came from....