Fairystone - A beautiful sandbox game full of life, bricks and magic. 3 years of dev!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by odenis studio, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odenis studio

odenis studio Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2014
    #1 odenis studio, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015

Dear All,

My name is Olivier DENIS and to celebrate the ten years of our indy studio - odenis studio, I'm happy to present FairyStone.

In short, it's a sandbox game. If, at first, the minecraft reference seems natural, the enchanting and magical universe makes it unique in its kind. There is a lot of game references in it, populous by example and even our old characters of Pop Island are here !

Fairystone has been written like a love letter for a little girl - my girl. I would like to have a game that we can share and explore together. A game that gives her the opportunity to express his creativity.

It’s peaceful, positive and beautiful and you can do so much with it. Construct your home, invite fairies and create an incredible ecosystem full of life and magic. Truly, there is no limits for your imagination : you could compose music, create a castle, fly like a bird and so much more.

Like our previous app "Fish & Shark" on the apple store ( > 400.000 downloads ), the graphics and sound engines are a demonstration of the power of an iPad or iPhone ( 60 fps and raycasting for people who understand this obscure language). The Artificial Intelligence also contributes to fulfill this universe of life - it's really surprising, you'll see that.

The touch interface is one of the best asset and has been designed from the beginning for ipad and iphone. It makes the difference.

The app will cost at launch 2.99 euros / dollars and then 5.99. The game is released the 25th June.

There are three years of works behind this game. Three years of works and a little girl.
    We hope you will enjoy it.

----

2. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    some iPhone 6 plus screenshots

Attached Files:

3. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    and some iPad screenshots. Magic is useful to fly like a bird.

Attached Files:

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Thanks for posting this stuff. It looks pretty amazing. I can't wait to see more. :)

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Looks gorgeous.

My (6yo) daughter will really like this!

Is there multiplayer? That would be one thing she would miss from MC:pE as we usually play together...

6. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
  7. weretiger

weretiger Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Beautiful!

I love the look and feel.

What types of things can you "do" ?

8. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    Thank you. You can do a lot of things ;) of course construct your kingdom, brick by brick ( or better as you will see soon). In the quick tuto just posted, you can see that you can create music, construct ride and play with it. But the main idea should be around the ecosystem. When you are inviting fairies they will start to add a lot of things in your world. And everything will interact with everything. Some fairies will plant trees, some will raise eagle to help other fairies in their work. Some will raise fish and some other sharks - and everything will play together. Quickly you will be in a living world.

9. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    LOVE YOU TOUCH ARCADE !!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS NEW!!! LOVE IT. ( dear Tasos Lazarides could you send me your email ?) Olivier

10. czekoladowa3

czekoladowa3 Active Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Poland
    I like whole idea of world, seems to be friendly, colorful. What was your inspirations to create such game? (just, a bit curious):)

11. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    #11 odenis studio, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    A beautiful little girl - you could hear her voice in the trailer... She asked me to create her a game, and I agreed - who I am to refuse ?!? And truly I love colorful and full of life universe ( see our last popisland game). So the tension in the design of this game was to please her and to please me - as a father. It was not so simple as you can imagine. She likes to construct a house brick by brick, I like to construct her a Kingdom. She likes magic, I like to create her a ride with a shark ;)

12. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
  13. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
  14. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Does this support MFI ?

15. Kirs

Kirs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Finally a builder with a nicer color palette.

16. Kirs

Kirs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Btw its already in the Appstore. But it says ' app removed ' after you hit Buy

17. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
  18. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    OK, this got my attention. I love sandbox games. Especially to build stuff. So in this particular case I'm curious about variety of blocks. How many different materials is available? Is there a list of all existing blocks? Any screenshots to show "what's possible to build"?

19. Chutch20

Chutch20 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    When is release date?

20. BlackWall

BlackWall New Member

Jun 25, 2015
    The 25th so Tomorrow! Just wanted to tell the developer I haven't found a Good addicting game to play in a long time that always catches my imagination and I believe that this one is going to fit perfectly! Thank you!