Noblemen: 1896 (Foursaken Media) - strategy + 3rd person cover based shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Sometimes we do the music in-house, other times not. The music for this game (and the trailer) so far have been done in-house. We use Cubase mostly (with most sounds coming from East West Quantum Leap).

2. Sgt. Steakfries

May 5, 2017
    Cool, that's what I figured, because the music sounded similar to Bug Heroes 2 and War Tortoise.

3. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    The trailer didn't show the other part of the game with the cards and stuff so I'm still curious to what that looks like. I'm guessing that wasn't ready yet ? For a minute I thought you cut that part of the game

4. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Its definitely ready - its just with ~10s of game footage, showing an overhead view of moving army banners on some tiles isn't likely to grab anyone's attention :p In all seriousness without any context it would be hard to know what was going on if we just clipped to a video of that part of the game.

5. Shykeryso

Shykeryso Active Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Oh, it's ready! They certainly didn't cut it out. I think they left that part of the game out because it has less action, as all armies on the overworld map are represented with a circle and a floating icon indicating that specific army/ship/airship. I feel like those watching the video in the App Store would feel less compelled by the boardgame-like setup of the overworld (though, from experience, I think both halves of the game are equally compelling :D). This is just from a first impression standpoint. The overworld strategic half of the game had/has some bugs to sort out, but besides that, all aspects of the overworld map seem complete. That is, unless there's more content planned for this part of the game before release.

6. Shykeryso

Shykeryso Active Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ahh, you beat me to it :p

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Quick update on the beta v2... sorry its taking so long! We've had some unforeseen personal issues crop up that have slowed down development a bit for the past 2 weeks or so. I think its looking like the beta v2 be sent out in another week or so (ie, not next week, but the week after), at this point.

If you applied for the beta originally, we've got your name and will be doing another random drawing for around 30-50 people, so keep your eyes out for the beta emails within a week or 2!

8. Sgt. Steakfries

May 5, 2017
    Sweet. Anyways, about your music, it always has this original feel to it, that's how I spotted it. It always gets my heart pumping when I'm listening to this kind of music and makes your games... more funner??

9. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada

Hope everything is ok on the personal end of things.

10. Albeolupus

Albeolupus Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    I hope everything is well with you gentlemen. If there is anything we can do to help let us know.

11. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Just checking in. Hope everything's going well for you guys. Any word on the second round of betas?

12. Realnanners

Realnanners Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Love seeing so many improvements on this game! Cannot wait until it comes out to the App Store! My iPhone is ready.

13. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks - yep! We're still hoping to have beta 2 out this week - just have a few last minute run throughs to make sure we didn't break anything with the latest changes :)

14. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
  15. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I might be able to play during beta 2, yay!

16. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    This game looks so good. Can't wait

17. kkoyes

kkoyes Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Game looks pretty cool. Is there any way I can join in the beta testing?

18. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Really hope I can get to try out beta test 2 so that I can clear the doubts of iphone 5 users.

19. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Still planning on round two this week bros?

20. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Barring anything catastrophic, we are indeed planning on submitting beta2 tomorrow!