Glitch - First-Person impossible game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Zilk, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    [​IMG]

Huh, noticed that both AppAdvice and TouchArcade has written a little article about Glitch. If any of the writers see this, thanks a lot!

This really puts the pressure on doesn't it, damn. Well time to get shit done I guess :D

2. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    I've had a lot of stuff going on this last week with moving. Wife kids and I moved into our new house out in the middle of the woods :p

I did however get some time to work on the main menu and transitions when switching between levels. Might need a few more tweaks but here it is!

[​IMG]

3. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    I've done some UI tweaks these last few days, cleaned up some menus, started working on the popup styles etc. So nothing cool to show at all :p

I did however make a little swipe to start animation at the start of every level that ended up being cool-isch.
    [​IMG]

4. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    It was a while since I posted last. I have been all wrapped up in work and house painting (zzzZZzz). I have however managed to cram in some dev time, not doing anything fancy though. I've been working on UI, added some animations, made popups look nicer etc. All updates can't be fun I guess :D

[​IMG]

5. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    Yeah a game where you need to solve levels that says a lot.....not #

6. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Hah, sorry about that :D I can say that it is a fps impossible game where you swipe left, right, up or down to avoid obstacles to try and complete hand-made levels. So no infinite runner or procedural levels.

I'd say it's a mix between Rolling Sky and Geometry Dash but in first person view.

7. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Finished up the shield function today, added an effect when it's turned on and one when it breaks. The shield basically blocks one mistake when you hit some obstacle.

[​IMG]

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm loving this. Any type of premium type of iap unlock?

9. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Yes, the idea is to have a $1.99 premium unlock that removes the whole idea of lives. If you have played Rolling Sky you will be very familiar with the concept on how monetization is handled. At least that is the idea right now.

10. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
  11. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    So I "finished" the music draft I was working on and started designing a level for it. The goal is to have the level move and feel connected to the music. I'm not even half way there yet but it kinda has promise.

Let me know what you guys think :)

12. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    I've been polishing up some stuff and also added collectibles, diamonds and crowns that are gonna be placed in harder to reach places on the levels.

Also made a lot of tweaks to the controls. I realized that I had to make them a bit nicer, especially when jumping since the fps view makes it hard to time jumps.

[​IMG]

13. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Wanted to do something fun so I spent some time building a portal effect for the gate you pass through to complete the levels. What do you think, portally enough?

[​IMG]

14. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This is going to be so awesome!

15. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    I implemented the portal and added animations to it. And now when the player passes through it the level ends. Sweet! :)

[​IMG]

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    The Portal effect is great, really well done.
    On the downside the crown at the start stands out in a negative way. I can't put my finger on it, but somehow it does not fit with the rest of the scene.
    And I'd try the portal without the 4 "appendages" too, might look better without.

17. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I do agree with the crown thing. However, I really like the portal the way they have it now.

18. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Hah, my wife complained about the diamonds and crowns as well. So I decided to change them for black gems and light orbs, gonna do that :)

19. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Started adding some more interesting obstacles, hammers!

They can be rotated however and this perticular one smacked me right in the face first time I tried the new level :p
    [​IMG]

20. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    So I continued working on the levels, hammers and some more basic obstacles today. Basically I want the levels to be "confusing", but in a good way. Meaning I want things to distract the player, so even though moving straight ahead in the same lane is the right choice, I want it to feel like it might not be.

I think I'm getting there :D

[​IMG]