Universal Nexomon (by LIME TURTLE, INC.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Shunyata

Shunyata Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Understood. But I think it would be wise to put a level cap again in case people level up to 200+ and then you guys end up changing their level to accommodate the new update. All that time would be wasted and they wouldn't be happy.

Looking forward to pvp!

2. Nexomon_Official

Nexomon_Official Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2017
    Thanks! Yeah that's a concern that needs to be addressed.

3. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Hi, I sent you a PM a few days ago with a couple of questions. Hopefully you can check it out when you get the chance, thanks.

4. Nexomon_Official

Nexomon_Official Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2017
    Hi, I just replied :)

5. IainsTheName

IainsTheName Member

Jan 13, 2014
    That's a shame, it would be beneficial to have in my opinion.

6. Chriscp26

Chriscp26 New Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Legendary drop rate from golden boxes

I tried to test my luck and bought give or take $40 USD for the game and not a single legendary drop. I want to know if this is bug or is the drop rate so low on boxes that its impossible to get them.

7. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Maybe not your lucky day but you can always restart the game for beginning again...gems iaps can be restored for sure...just message the dev how to restored gems iaps...so you can try your luck again

8. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Is this game worth playing the price has dropped to 99 cents. Can we complete the game with 99 cents or am I supposed to buy stuff once I am hooked to the game. If this is a f2p game I would have instantly download and play

9. taoyingying

taoyingying Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2016
    It's definitely worth trying for 99 cents! You don't have to pay extra to complete the game after this entrance fee :) There are useful items for extra purchase to help you level up monsters fast getting rare monsters more frequently, etc., but those are not must-have, more like a "light cheat" if I would say. The only thing currently locked in the Box (sort like gatcha in f2p games) are legendary monsters, which you don't need to beat the boss. And developers said they would release those legendaries in some events in the future. So basically you can complete your collection with just the initial purchase price :)

10. Oynox

Oynox Member

Mar 31, 2015
    I just bought this during the sale. My first impression regarding graphics and story are quite good, did not expect that. However, I ventured into the game's shop and before I continue playing and investing my time, I am wondering if there is a feasible option to earn enough gems just by playing to buy some items like EXP Share.

Besides that I only have one complaint so far and that is the UI. I understand that there have to be some buttons on the screen, but those hugh icons at the top of the screen really disturb the view in my opinion. Maybe you could add an option to shrink them a bit or hide some of them if wanted. Or implement some kind of side swipe mechanic to bring them up? I don't know but I am certainly not fond with especially that leftmost menu button.

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    +1 this!
    I also just bought the game and those buttons just take up too much room. Way too big, expecially on an iPad Pro 12.9".

Also, I don't know if it has already mentioned but I am finding the direction control can be unresponsive at times.

12. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #732 sakara214ever, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    I am done with this [email protected] opened a golden nexobox which says that gives you a guaranteed rare nexomon and above and it gave me tyregg which is a common nexomon. I mean really? Not only in this game it is so freaking hard to catch a simple common nexomon having sometimes to spend so many nexxotraps it does not even does what it says with golden nexoboxes. Do not anyone fool you. This game for sure can be finished without spending any money BUT for the full experience of getting all nexxomons especially legendary you have to pay real money and even then you can not be sure. You may spend like 100$ and never win a legendary nexomon. And yeah if you want to play again from the begining and reroll be my guest. Thank god for Apple's refund system i am going to get my 20$ back. Even in the worst cr@apy f2p garbage games out there you can get everything by grinding or paying money. I am not a fan of these but at least they tell you what they give you. This one here does not even do that.

13. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    All you need is the EXP share and you can beat the game. You need to chill out. How did you spend $20 on this game and not finish it? What's wrong with you?

There's a method to get the legendaries coming.

14. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Haha. The only golden boxes I used were the ones they give you for free. I caught all nexomon on my own pre “upped catch rate” patch. Every one except the legendaries. This game is amazing and one of the best poke-likes out there. The above is right though . Xp share is recommended.

On a side note. Did you know xp share doesn’t work as they intended? It’s actually much stronger then what they were going for but there were more people complaining to not change it to the way it’s supposed to be and keep it OP that they didn’t want a bunch of people mad at them so they left it. It’s all in the forum. Probably first 50 pages or so. Anyways yeh. That’s all ;)

15. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #735 sakara214ever, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    First of all thanks for the advice. Thankfully i got my 20$ back. Thank Apple for that. Now about how i spent 20$. Let me see. There is up to 99,99$ iap in this game. So i wanted to support the devs and open some golden nexoboxes. So i do not get what you mean when you say how i spent 20$???:confused: And yeah maybe something is wrong with you? Where exactly did i write i did not finish the game?:rolleyes:

16. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    #736 Lanster27, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Played this game for a few days and beat the second gym leader. I've now deleted the app as I think I won't be playing it further. Compared to Pokemon, the variety of Nexomon in each area is quite nice. The improved catch rate by Nexotrap is very welcome (the rates was very painful at launch).

Overall, I find the overall game lacking the charm of the Pokemon games.

- Rarity and related stats is not a good choice as you are nudged to using a team full of mega rares.

- Levelling is quite slow, which makes me feel like buying the Exp multiplier is the way to go.

- Combat felt a bit weird as opponent's switched in Nexomon can do a free hit felt a bit unfair. There's not a lot of strategy. All the Nexomons have powerful neutral attacks so you can't block attacks using types strong against the opponent. Battles usually comes down to attrition and you are just using your most powerful attack and hoping the opponent die before you do.

- There's also no interesting mechanics like STAB, IV, EVs, TM/HMs, no useful items other than potions and revives. Status healing items feel useless as negative status goes away in 1 turn.

- Gym leader equivalents usually outlevel you quite a bit so grinding between each fight is necessary. It doesnt help that there's not a lot of Nexomon trainers to battle, so most of the time you are spend grinding wild Nexomon which offers no challenges at all.

I didnt want to sound too negative, as this is a $3 indie game. In the end it felt like Pokemon Blue/Red, with more monster variety but less charm somehow. I guess I am just spoiled by the modern pokemon games with all the egg breeding, in-depth training, shiny catching and GTS trading.

17. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Idk if you still check here devs.
    But I just grabbed my old nexomon game and finished it (was at the end of the desert).

I must say I am impressed by the free post game content now! The entire rebirth and extended story! :) dropped 5 bux for you to show my respect :)
    (And just got a plain rare one as reward -.-^^)

I can't wait to throw myself into the new world with my new/old reborn team :) it's a great idea!!

There is one thing that I think you should fix though: If you use rebirth on a monster, you get he first version of it. If you hadn't had that unevolved first version, you have it now.... yet your "pokedex" shows that monster as not owned... it is a bit annoying

Other than that: great work! Keep up the good work!

18. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #738 nyanpass, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    I'm looking forward to a new adventure.

The developer announced the following additional updates. (https://www.facebook.com/NexomonGame)

"It will come already packed with PvP Multiplayer, Cloud Backups, different languages and the Netherworld expansion!"

19. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    This update is really cool. I applaud developers who continue to develop their games after the release. :D

20. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    There is news that Nexomon's next series is being prepared. ;)

[​IMG]

Pagan Fox likes this.