Anyone with a Ipad 2 having this issue..

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Markku, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I know its aging and maybe its time to replace but ever since I updated to ios 8 it runs slow and sluggish, is this just the ipad showing age or is there a way to fix this, will ios 9 make it worse?

I mean Screen freezes for a few seconds constantly.

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    It's maybe more due to the age of the device rather then the update had you asked me I would havebtold you not to even update to iOS 8 I'm not sure about the update to iOS 9 at this point what do you have to lose? I have not heard anything yet about how older devices are doing with iOS 9 I have an iPhone 4s but I decided not to update it cause my kids play on it and they would be heart broken if it quit working

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    My Daughter has an ipad 2 that is still on ios 6. She hated he look of ios7 and I read lots of feedback similar to yours about ios 8 on older devices. Hers still runs brilliantly on ios 6 and other than not being able to play some of the newer games she's perfectly happy with it still.
    I have a mini 1st gen and held off on ios 8 for the same reasons. I've not read much about ios9 on the ipad 2 but I guess if you are having a shit experience with ios 8 you may as well try ios9. It's a shame you can't roll back to the previous ios.

If you do take the leap I'd love if you could let me know how it goes. It doesn't show on my daughters device as an option, so I thought maybe ipad 2 wasn't supported. Good Luck.

4. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    time to upgrade. iPad 2 is fairly old and wont get any faster by upgrading iOS.

5. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #5 abstractgamefreak, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    iOS 9 should run faster than iOS 8 on your iPad 2. Do the update only with your computer in iTunes and make two backups before that (one in iCloud and one in iTunes)- cause you never know. If you don't like iOS 9, you can always do a reroll to 8.4.1 - at least for the next few days. Maybe your pad runs even better after that. Generally keep at least 10% of free space on your iPad 2, no matter what you heard elsewhere. And do switch off and reboot at least once a week, it can work wonders with these 'old' tablets. Nevertheless a friend told me she has now problems playing Game Center MP games since the update to 9 with her iPad 2. Of course you can rather buy new apple stuff any other year, if you believe Tim Cook :))

6. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Is anyone running iOS 9 on the iPad 2? If so how does it run?

7. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    well Updating might have made the ipad worse, is there anyway to reverse back to ios 6? that's when it ran best.