Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I finally beat the driller level without that invisible ignitor glitch. I ended the level and pressed "Tap To Continue", and the game crashed to the springboard. I went back in, had to do the Driller fight again and this time succeeded in making it to the next level.

So that big glitch is gone, but there are still a few glitches left that crash the game. Also, the checkpoint system needs to be improved - if I beat a level, quit the game and play again later, I should resume at the beginning of the next chapter, not be forced to play the previous section all over again. In other words, checkpoints should be added to the end of levels.

2. Ederfb

Ederfb Member

Oct 3, 2011
    For me everything was going fine at the drill... I have a save game at the key just before the drill goes out. I tried 2 times to do it but got killed at the 3rd shootnto the drill, and I had tonstop playing. So all was working good I just didn't had the time to complete that part.

But now, after the last update to the game, I'm getting the invisible green laser problem. I'm now stuck at the drill without any way to do it. Will this bug be fix soon? I don't mind paying $7 bucks for a game, but I would likemto be able to completr it and not have to redoo everything... It's frustating!

3. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Damn, I am disappointed to hear about crashes and bugs, I was about to buy this game but I think I will save my money.

4. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I have a 4G, 32gb, not one bug or crash. If you own a 4G I would recommend you buy it, I think their update fixed most crashes anyway.

5. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    No crashes or problems since the update. iPhone 4 4.3.3.

6. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Doing a second run-through on Hard and no crashes... yet?

Man, I wish there were more weapons.... Oh, well, my 9/10 score remains.

7. Snacks48

Snacks48 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Sad, on there twitter they reported as 20% of shadowgun copys were bought, with 80% being cracked versions.

8. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    Proud to say I paid for my copy.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This is the downside of building a game that targets the "core" gamer audience, as most people interested in TPS games are well-versed enough to either know how to jailbreak their devices and steal games, or know how to Google and follow the many simple tutorials on the subject. To some extent, it's the same problem that PC game developers have been facing. Gamers who know how to overclock their machines and install top-end graphics cards also are fully aware of how bittorrent works.

That $8 price point isn't doing them any favors either, sadly, as much as I'd love to see $8 prices become the norm on the App Store.

10. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco

Here! Here!

11. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Completely agree with melee! As for aim assist, you really dont need it. This game could use iron sights, but its not a neccessity in all games, although its common and pretty useful. Vaulting over cover is just user preference, i personally dont really care

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #752 ColeDaddy, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    Just confirming that the Driller sequence isn't buggy after installing the update and restarting play from the very beginning. In my previous post I noted that I started level 3 only and that opened up all kinds of bugginess. Start afresh (unfortunately) and things will jam anew.

13. jamesdoug

jamesdoug Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    There is still a bug in the driller level even with the new update for me :(

14. scubi

scubi Active Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Paid

Proud paying owner as well.

On my second play through. Thanks for the very fun game MadFinger!

15. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Same.

I don't think many players can stand to not give this game a shot. Being a highly anticipated game, they were likely interested from the start and resorted to piracy after reading some of the reports and given the notion that $8 is a "premium" price. Shame to see it go down like that.

16. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    lol no FPS, because everybody will start yelling about another clone/ripoff.. I really dont know what we can do, because everything will be clone and repetitive.. ;(

17. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I really hope you guys are successful with this damn game. I absolutely LOVE it. Too bad about the pirates. I paid the 8 bucks and it's VERY MUCH worth it.

One question: is the game able to scale? I plan on getting the iPhone 4S/5, ya see.

18. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Get creative, we trust you guys can outdo yourselves! :) btw, most of the "repetitive" comments were probably relating to two things. 1) the environment being largely similar looking (not the same, but similar) throughout most of the game and 2) there wasn't much variety in enemies and ways to kill them.

New environments. Melee combat/weapons. New foes.

Oh, and the walking animation could use some tuning because his feet move too fast while walking slowly.

Besides that, you've got yourself a solid formula in this game. I'd stick with your instincts and improve on this model (despite the criticism). There is a big fan base for your work, MadFinger Games.

19. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    As iPad1 crashing while loading first scene.. It start to work for everybody who reboot device... Its definitely problem, that you have previous app/games on the background and there is not enough memory..

Its not possible to fix this problem, it just as how iOS works. I think that we will add warning message box about it to next update..

20. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    yup, but its mobile device with a lot of limits.. people now think that its easy or their mobile is so powerful.. But I dont think that you will see so many games as SG soon...