Balancing iOS vs other forms of gaming (console/PC/portable)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DarkLo, Apr 26, 2014.

1. DarkLo

DarkLo Member

Sep 10, 2013
    For those of you who game on multiple platforms, how do you balance iOS gaming vs home or portable console gaming? One of the issues I find is that while I really enjoy a number of iOS games, I tend to find myself feeling a little guilty that I'm "wasting" my time playing on my iPhone when I have 3DS/Vita/PS4/PC games sitting around. For example, I'm really been wanting to get into Dungeon Quest, but whenever I start playing I start to think, why don't I put that time into Diablo 3, Path of Exile, or Torchlight 2?

I guess if I'm the only one who feels this way and how you guys deal with it. Do you just play iOS on the go or does iOS gaming take a good amount of your home gaming time as well?

2. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I usually play ios on the go, but I will occasionally play them at home. I get what you mean completely btw. I have such a big backlog, it's crazy. If I'm kinda annoyed at my console/handheld games and need something simpler, I usually go on ios though

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I play what I feel like playing at the moment.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Due to ios I've given up on the latest consoles I don't always have tons of free time or access to the tv (daughter) so ios is perfect for me and as you say there's so many quality games out there

The value for money we get is ridiculously high

5. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I love playing on consoles, handhelds and mobile and really dont make any disctinctions between them other than the fact that ios gaming is always readily aviable to squeeze in my busy work days.

It has happened to me that I got a good chunk of free time alone in the house and I choose to play mobile over consoles. A prime example of this is Foursaken Media's last games Bug heroes 2 and Block War which sucked all the free time I had reserved for Infamous Second Son and South Park the Stick of Truth which were highly anticipated games for me.

6. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I usually go with ios but when I have a game I want to play on PC I don't even open my iPad for days.