Best Puzzle/Match 3 Game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sf49lu, Jun 27, 2009.

1. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    I was thinking of buying a match 3/puzzle game. Some games I was thinking of were Trism, Drop 7, Bejeweled, and Tetris. Which one of these should I get, or are there any better choices? Thanks

2. Korean

Korean Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    azkend no doubt about it

3. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Alright thanks. Kinda looks like trism. Anybody else with any other suggestions?

4. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Naw man, Azkend is nothing like Trism. Far as match 3 games you can't go wrong with these for starters:

Bejeweled 2
    Azkend
    Treasures of Montezuma
    Gemmed
    Smiles

Not a 'classic' match 3 but in the marble pop genre it's Stoneloops of Jurassica by a large margin.

5. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    A very large margin. Think Grand Canyon lol..

6. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    If you don't have trism, please do yourself a favour and get that.

7. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Nothing beats Bejeweled 2 ...still the best.

8. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Bejeweled 2 lost it's fun after all the other more fun match 3 games were released.

Rise of Atlantis is an excellent one. Treasure of Montezuma is one of my favorites too.

9. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Hmm.. Puzzle Quest. Oh wait, get it once they fix the bugs with 3.0

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Treasures of Montezuma and Drop7 for sure, I don't have Trism yet, but I've been debating whether to get it or not in the past week.

11. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    #11 Masmo, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    Tetris is one of my favourite puzzle games! Maybe it's because I used to play it back in the day on my Gameboy Color. It's highly recommended. Besides the usual Marathon mode to see how many lines you can form, there's also Magic mode, where you have special items to use to help you destroy the lines, like tap to pop the blocks or draw a shape of a block with your finger to change it. Other great puzzle games are Puzzle Quest (If you have 3.0, wait for the update), PathPix, Bejeweled 2, Dapple, Smiles, Akzend and I'll just throw Peggle in because it's such a fun game.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I used to love Bejeweled 2 when I first got my iPod, but after playing so many of the other match 3 games the AppStore offers, Bejeweled just seems boring.

13. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Ok thanks. Ive hearD a lot of great things about trism... But i picked up the lite version and it seemed like it had a lot to do with luck, for example the " tilt to shift" feature. It just seems like you cant really forsee any of the combos. Anyone care to share?

14. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Another vote for Rise of Atlantis, a seriously underrated game in my opinion.

15. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I enjoy Trixel alot

16. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    And another vote for ROA. Great graphics, and the challenges are increasing and varied.

Michael

17. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    #17 cptlockheed, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    For what it is worth, I bought Trism before there was a lite version, and never learned to like it. I generally like puzzles but was this was one of the few bought games I ended up deleting. Could not get hang of the tilt thing and all the combos.

Of the match-3 puzzles, I liked Gaia and Jewel Quest II the most. Puzzle Quest is good, but gives me headache on the tiny screen.

Edit: how could I forget Drop 7, it is great. Gem Spinner is also good, a little different take on match puzzles. Smiles and Numba were a short-term favourites, but haven't been playing them for a while.

But if I had to choose only one, it would be Drop7 - a little plain looking but it hooked both me and my wife.

18. zipper

zipper Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Drop7 is my favorite so far. It's really good, and easy on the battery life. It's plain looking, but there's no need for explosions and backgrounds when the gameplay is that good. If capcom makes a puzzlefigher port...bluetooth p2p or wifi...that would be it. Hands down.

19. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Trism and Dapple. Two heavily refined, very unique, very challenging titles. You'll find youself looking for more every time you play them. Learning curve on both is high but the reward is great!

20. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I love Trism