Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    The problem with old iDevices hardware's is an "adoption" problem.
    There's more 3GS/A4 hardware than older 1/2gen ones. And by the end of this year, there will be 50/50 4th and 5th iDevices.
    People are upgrading their phones at light speed, once a year. That's why we always target recent iDevices.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Wow. That's a lot of words to just tell me to shut the hell up.

To quote Mr. Burns, I rather not.

3. Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Oh, you.

4. Starkiller

Starkiller Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    is there any chance if your team wants to spread your project forgotten memories to people or just remain as a secret project?:)

Because willing to spread the word to people on forums and stuff

5. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Sure,
    Go head. Though, if you make any other post/thread regarding FM outside TA forums, make sure to notify me, giving me the link so i can answer any user question.
    Cheers,

6. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Soooo.... How far away from beta stage is this???

7. NothingLikeSleep

NothingLikeSleep Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Stalker of the night
    The badlands
    It's not a secret, the projects been putting us on for over a year now and nothing cones from it.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I guess you missed the video on the page 101.

9. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Yes, this project is not a secret, that's why I'm sharing this with TA users. ^^
    Early beta video:

More info in this page:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=36465&page=103

10. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    #1050 Whiteplayer3d, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    Thanks, (sorry for my bad english)
    This means: Full details only on iPad 2 ?

Forgotten Memories looks best game for iPhone ever... :)

is possible show on youtube iPhone/iPod Touch 4G beta version?

11. Starkiller

Starkiller Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    :confused:just wondering if u want to show your beta demo to SlidetoPlay those apple review guys, that would give you a good review about how good your game is comparing to others:)

12. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Not now,
    It's quite too early for any kind of review/comparison. I'm fine if they are willing to give their thoughts/comments about the current state of the game. I'll however, send them the game in a more beta state, so they can make a better early hand on preview of the game. Remember, those guys aren't testers, they are reviewers. :)
    By anyway, I'm glad that some people as you are willing to help us spread the Forgotten Memories message. :)
    King regards,

13. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Holy crap, why don't you all just let them make the game...? I get so sick of checking the progress of this game only to glimpse a bitch fest...if you are waiting to see pics, screens, vids, betas or what the f ever....Wait for it..for the love of god....do something constructive with your time..! I am sure interesting things are to come...

14. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    I've shown few shots of Forgotten Memories on the 3GS/4th hardware on about page 83-86 of this thread, if I remember well. But yes, there's a lots of graphical differences between old iDevices and A5 (iPad2) based hardware. Not in the environments or characters department, mostly on the lighting, shadows and post effects.

15. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1055 tatoforever, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    [Forgotten Memories : Alternate Realities coming on April 23rd 2015!]

[​IMG]

[Forgotten Memories : Alternate Realities Launch Trailer]

[FONT=&quot]TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND GET READY [/FONT][FONT=&quot]FOR [/FONT][FONT=&quot]THE HORROR OF FORGOTTEN MEMORIES[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Discover a true gaming and narrative experience on your iOS devices.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In Forgotten Memories: Alternate realities, you will play Rose Hawkins, a strong independent woman looking for Eden, a missing young girl. Rose wakes up wounded and in a strange place she doesn't recognize. While exploring the hallways of an old abandoned asylum to save a lost soul, she will find herself locked in a never ending[/FONT][FONT=&quot] tragedy[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; frozen in time. Rose will need to confront her deepest fears to unveil the mystery behind her terrifying investigation.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]+ OLD SCHOOL SURVIVAL HORROR+[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Forgotten Memories is a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]third person Psychological Survival Horror game combining exploration, reflection, puzzles, action and survival where the gameplay is focused on fear mechanics.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A true spiritual successor of the greatest horrific games from the 90's. Forgotten Memories is a classic survival horror game.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]+ A GREAT PLAYER EXPERIENCE+[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Forgotten Memories combines deep psychological story, beautifully rendered environments, and smooth gameplay action into a fantastic horror experience you will never forget.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Enjoy incredible voice acting with, among others,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Guy Cihi and David Schaufele (James Sunderland and Eddie Dombrowski [/FONT][FONT=&quot]from[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Silent Hill 2)[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Master the game with accurate touch systems and/or physical controllers.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]+ FEATURE OVERVIEW+[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Classic survival horror mechanics[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A deep narrative and climatic psychological horror experience[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A mobile game offering [/FONT][FONT=&quot]high-end [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and smooth 3D graphics (Metal; HDR; Dynamic Lighting / Shadows; Multiple post-processes)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Challenging gameplay (Limited save points; few med kits; restricted ammo; unpredictable environments; adaptive enemies)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Highly replayable; Unlockables; Game Center achievements and rankings.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Accurate touch control[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]MFI gamepads support[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]No [/FONT][FONT=&quot]in-app purchases[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. We don't sell any weapons, ammunitions, or anything that will impact the game experience. You will be on your own ;)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Supported Hardware[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]iPhone 4s and higher, iPod touch 5th gen, iPad 2, Mini or Higher.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]For a better experience we recommend iPhone5s, iPadAir or iPadMini2 and up (A7/A8 based devices).

[FONT=&quot]For more information[FONT=&quot] and images:
    [FONT=&quot]TouchArcade Preview[/FONT]
    Website
    Facebook[FONT=&quot] Page[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Attached Files:

16. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Liar!!!!!!!!!!

:p

17. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Hello dear SuperMan,^^
    Is there a way to get control over this thread? :)
    The user ho create this thread, is no longer active since ages and i really need to update the first page of this thread.
    Cheers,

18. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Looks like you didnt check the first post of the thread yet. Its already done ;)

19. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1059 tatoforever, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
    This is why i love TA!!! Users are awesome and moderators are greats! :)
    King regards from our team. :)

20. sawusawme

sawusawme Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Bermuda Triangle
    GGGGGGGGGGreat!!!i am looking for this kinda games!!!Wow,My heart beats fast.....:D:D:D