Universal Mech Pilot - (by Rocking Pocket Games) Universal

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RPGGuy, Sep 26, 2012.

1. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    All I can say is support this game, tell all your friends about it, and then maybe I'll take everything I have now and make Mech Pilot 2 with full control over the mech with a more open world to explore. It's not going to work with this game the way the missions are designed.

I still have 15 more levels planned for Mech Pilot, more enemy types and other stuff coming in the future to keep the game interesting.

2. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    That is swipe to aim, not dual sticks.

3. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    will do man, i didn't want to offend you or anything just looked like you didn't want to hear feedback, there is poopy reviews complaining about the controls they are not that bad...i just hope you liked my suggestions, i mean if you think about it, it would rock! mech pilot 2 with multiplayer mech on mech action!

4. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    No offense taken. A simple suggestion like 'add dual sticks' in this case would take several months of redesign though so it's just not feasible.

5. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #105 Delusionaltool, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    i just played a bit more the controls are not bad at all, but i would deff add a option to enable invert, only thing it needs i didnt realize the throttle was toggled so you can just turn it on and control movements just need to be able to backup maybe by double tapping throttle it turns red and your reversing, and i would add either an arrow or map with an arrow to know which direction your torso is facing i could see people getting confused, is there any sort of map/radar to show enemy positions?

i know you said swipe to dodge, but if you already have throttle enabled you should just be able to turn your torso and move side to side...i dunno if that's easier or not.

6. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    A bit disappointed it's taking so long for Apple to approve update #2. I guess things are backed up because everyone is updating apps for iPhone 5.

For update #3 I've added a separate walk backward button. You can instantly move forward or back, or toggle the active direction button to stop walking like before.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So... still iOS6-only?

8. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Update 2 supports iPhone 5 and dodging. Update 3 will support IOS 5.1, iPad 1, forward/backward movement and shields.

9. metalslime

metalslime Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    So after Update 3 it won't be on rails anymore? I was very disappointed that it was on rails.

Ended up only being able to play on my friends phone since I haven't upgraded to 6 yet.

10. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    It is still on rails, but with a little more freedom. Dodging lets you move left and right of the path a little, and the back button means you can go back along the route.

11. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Version 1.1 is now available!

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Can't wait for iOS5 support. Unless I update before that comes :p

13. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    updating now, excited to see how it has improved.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looking forward to iOS5 support as well. I dont know why they didnt include iOS 5 in the original release since everything they used in iOS6 can be performed by iOS5 as well.

15. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    It would be a better game if it was off rails and if you can change mechs and customize weapons.

16. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    the thing you have to understand is that it's NOT ever going to be off rails. the dev has made it quite clear. and keep in mind this game probably wouldn't be that great off rails. it would be too easy.

I played a bit after the update, and I'm ready to move on to something else, at least for now. the left and right dodge just doesn't feel right, and half the time the legs are turned in such a way that the direction it jumps is completely differ from what I expect. enemies are still killing me at the same rate (sometimes faster!), and the script still throws you off by reporting incoming mechs that you killed already.

I'll check it out later on, maybe after the next update.

17. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    #117 RPGGuy, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    Swiping down makes you invulnerable while the evade animation is happening. I can't make it any easier than that.

Dodging left and right isn't great for evading fire because the bullets are so fast, but it does give you a little more freedom with the movement. It's best for jumping behind a building or avoiding slower moving rockets.

I'm getting an iPod Touch 5th Gen today so I'll be making sure that works well for the next update.

18. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    That is sad that its not going to be off rails and I don't think it will be too easy. Then it would be more like Mech Warrior on PC all you do is put heat in so you can't alwasy fire all your stuff.

I am glad the dev is making updates tho I really like mech games.
    I am playing Mech Pilot and "Heavy Mach Defense" and looking forward to the new iMech. Tho "MechWarrior: Tactical Command" was a let down for the price.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Still a bit disappointed that iOS5 was ignored upon release and this was decked out for iOS6 only. Cant wait for v1.2 which is claimed to have iOS5 support, but the excitement probably would have died down for me already, and im pretty sure there will be more interesting games coming out by then which will pile dust on this one when i get to have it.

20. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    You have to remember that it takes Apple a week or more to approve updates. The first update to the game was mostly done before the first version had been released by Apple. I didn't have any feedback from people at that point. It was mainly to add support for iPhone 5.