Looking for 2D animator to animate a 10 minute game demo

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Modern Jester, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Modern Jester

Modern Jester Active Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Hello TouchArcade Users,

I am looking for a proficient 2D animator to help me out with a project I'm very passionate about. About 2 years ago I began developing a game called Q's Quest for the iPhone. However the project ended up not working out and I've decided to begin developing it for the XBLA and PSNetwork instead. In order to make it to its full potential, I am trying to get an independent game development loan. And in order to get it, I need to animate a 10 minute game demo featuring a full level from the game. The game is similar to castle crashers in gameplay style (fast paced, action filled, fighting).

You can find my original ad here:

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/599456-paid-looking-for-2d-game-demo-animator/

Let me know if you are interested as this is a Paid job.

Thank You

2. Modern Jester

Jun 7, 2009
    #2 Modern Jester, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
    UPDATE:

I'm thinking about delegating all the animations between a few different animators. If you are interested in contributing on a few different animations then let me know.

Also, if you are a 2D artist and would like to contribute let me know as well.

-MJ

3. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    Just curious, is there a particular reason you're switching platforms from iOS to XBLA / PSN? The development process is a lot more difficult, the market is smaller, and the return you can make will be less. The only advantage is a bit more graphical power (but you said it's a 2D game), or physical controls. If you're switching platforms due to a bad experience on developing it on iPhone and wonder if it'll be easier on the big consoles, you should really think again.

4. Modern Jester

Jun 7, 2009
    I'm developing it for XBLA and PSN because the controls for iPhone/iPads are too limited. Also, even though it is 2D I still would like the graphic power.

-MJ