Monster Free Apps vs Free App A Day

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by nathanbuiaeria, Nov 1, 2011.

1. nathanbuiaeria

Oct 14, 2011
    #1 nathanbuiaeria, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    I'm evaluating whether to invest in Monster Free Apps or in Free App A Day to boost my marketing effort. If anyone has experience in using both of them, please share it with me. I'd like to find out what each one does right/wrong in promoting your apps. If they're proven to be beneficial, I'd like to know by how much and which one does better than the other.

Ideally, my goal is to spend as little money as possible while maximizing the exposure of my future-released free apps to millions of willing downloaders.

It's ok if you only have experience with one, and not the other. I'm still interested in hearing what you can share with me.

Thank you!

PS - On second thought, if you've partnered with any one of these "free-app apps" on http://www.freeappapps.com/, please share your experience with me/us. You're not limited to just Monster Free Apps and FAAD.

2. I use Free App Win to get free apps. Never used it as a developer, but they always seem to have very quality apps for download. They also draw the users in by giving away Amazon gift cards every day. Maybe check them out too.

3. getnoticedllc

getnoticedllc New Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Free App A Day

We just recently used both Free App A Day (FAAD) and Openfeint's Free Game of The Day (FGOTD). What I found, is that it did not generate enough traffic to push us high enough on the charts to the point where we started getting organic downloads from chart position alone.

We got about 40,000 downloads in about 1-weeks time. Our application utilizes the In-App purchase model, but we ended up losing money on the deal. We still think they are good advertising / marketing campaigns, but I would suggest stacking up. Use more than one, at least that will be our next approach. I will have to report back and let you know how it goes. Good Luck!

4. nathanbuiaeria

Oct 14, 2011
    Thank you, getnoticedllc.

In terms of price, can you tell us which one is the cheapest or most expensive to advertise/campaign on? Secondly, it's also important for us to know which one will help us gain the most amount of loyal users. If you can share your knowledge, that'd be great.