Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    All games aren't supported, that's why people say that lol ;)

2. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    but they are..i havent had any not work yet that i owned on psp3000, just dont use the ps3 installer , use the psvita to backup all old downloads from psn, then run from the vita.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Use the PSVita to back up all old downloads from PSN? What do you mean.

4. earthclaw

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
  5. earthclaw

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    Download a psp title that you purchased from the psn store to your ps3.
    Once on ps3 the download will have the usual install bubble...asking you to install to a psp. do not use this.. make sure your logged in to your accounts on both ps3 and psvita . now attach the vita cable to usb first....then to psvita....it will show on your ps3 screen that the vita is atatched...on the vita select content manager and select copy content from ps3 to psvita. select applications,then select psp other, now check boxes for each psp game and mini that you want to backup to your psvita. once its all done transfering .(this can take a while) all your games will show up on ps vita(bubbles) click and enjoy.

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Ah yes, I know about this already. However not all games work even with this method.

Quite a few games don't work actually, just some off the top of my head that I've tried(there's more though):
    PixelJunk Monsters, Fat Princess, Hot Shots Tennis, Brave Story, a whole bunch of Minis.

You're lucky the games you have work, but not all games work. Even with a PS3.

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I believe there are still some games that can't be transferred using that method.

8. earthclaw

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    just wish they would implement a umd trade in program...50% off digital downloads... i would go for that.

9. earthclaw

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #1369 earthclaw, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    Yeah they said Valkyria Chronicles wouldnt work on the forums, but i didnt have a problem..i think if you arent logged in and activated both systems on your account it will not work, you get an error code.

maybe they patched it in latest update. that would suck.

10. earthclaw

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    Just checked the forums..it all depends on where your located...uk/eu users have reported differant games not working useing backup method...they are working on a fix atm.

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    The games I mentioned have never worked, even through the PS3. The PS Vita isn't backwards compatible with all PSP games on PSN(yet.)

Edit: Like you mentioned it depends on your region, but in no region do all games work as of yet.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I think Hot Shots, or in Europe, Everybody's Tennis works.

13. earthclaw

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #1373 earthclaw, Apr 8, 2012
    Also as far as Pixel Junk Monsters..i thought i read somewhere , they were working on a touch capable version? PJM Encore?

This brings up another point...ive only transfered games i have already owned /downloaded to ps3.... I honestly wouldnt purchase any games not on the list. I think there might be alot of psp remakes for popular titles going the touchscreen route.. the turn based tactics games i own get a little frustrating after playing touch capable games on the new ipad.

And if sony was smart ,they would have a umd buy back program , and give us download credit for the digital versions.

14. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #1374 Teknikal, Apr 8, 2012
    Well just got home and couldn't resist hitting buy on Disgaea 2 I'll prob regret it when 3 is available and tons better but I've just got an urge and I'm curious how everythinjg on PSN works.

First impressions are wow PSN is seriously slow to download from if it was using my full connection I could have it in a couple of minutes easily yet it's going to take nearly half an hour. that alone might be enough to make me reconsider going digital especially with the better Vita games over the 3gb mark.

edit: Game works pretty well, looks better than I thought although obviously not as good as an actual Vita title I found the bilinear filtering fast enough. Pretty happy another game with a very long lifespan I'm really not doing bad at all on that front.

I think I may use the rest of my credit up on Hustle Kings and Motorstorm RC and some of their DLC I was planning to buy a few more PSP games but I think Disgaea 2 will probably do me for quite a while and I don't really want to fill my Vita up with big PSP titles I've already played when there's Vita titles I haven't.

15. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    #1375 Fireball926, Apr 8, 2012
    If you haven't bought patapon 2 yet it's a steal at 7.99. It may not e the newest one but its one of the best

16. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    #1376 LucianOrb, Apr 8, 2012
    Not at all, as I wrote previously the Rogue is ridiculously overpowered compared to the two other classes. In fact, I made the terrible mistake of playing this game with the Rogue 2 times (Normal and Legendary playthroughs) first, it was so easy and fast, now I'm having a really hard time playing with the Warrior and the Mage, I feel I'm playing in continuous slow motion with underpowered characters :mad:

Edit: I'm not the only one, there's a favorite class poll in the PS3Trophies.org site for the PS3 version, Rogue has 87.5% of the votes.

17. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Really enjoying Disgaea 2 to be fair I never really gave it much of a chance on the PSP as I always went to the original instead (probably because I'd levelled the characters much more) so it's good the Vita is giving me a chance to revisit it. I went the hustle kings, motorstorm route although haven't really played them yet.

I'm starting to like the fact it has a nice PSP back catalogue in it's early days it seems to run them perfectly from what I can tell maybe even a bit better than the PSP itself did.

I think I'm completely done buying games for a few months now I'll let the vita catalogue build up a bit and just play what I've acquired so far which is honestly plenty to keep me busy.

18. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Damn, this wait for Mortal Kombat and Resistance is killing me.. I need something other than MGS Peace Walker and Hot Shots Golf to play.

19. slayerzack1

slayerzack1 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    sony
    i live in japan
    the nintendo 3DS is way better

20. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I read a while back that everybody's tennis and motorstorm artic something were both taken off because a hole in or something in the code allowed for psp homebrew applications to run through it