Poll: Do you like OF/Plus/AGON logos on game icons?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by eugekava, Dec 10, 2009.

?

Do you like to see OF/Plus/AGON logos on game icons on your iDevice?

1. Yes, I like to be reminded of the service the game uses?

69 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. No, I prefer clean game icons without logos.

87 vote(s)
    45.1%
  3. Don't care either way.

37 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    As the title says: do you like to see those logos on game icons on your iDevice? There have been a number of discussions taking place on various threads about this matter. It would be interesting to see what people think.

2. God-Comes

God-Comes Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    i work in sainsbrys
    brikhed
    no the icon should be the icon

seems wrong 2 me

3. sebasterbator

sebasterbator Well-Known Member

I personally don't like it, i prefer to see what the dev can do to make it look pretty.

I really don't see the point, unless people are achievement whores.

4. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    NO. It usually ruins the nice look of the icon.

NO !! get rid of them :)

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'm OK with it - I just prefer the 'free' OF logo rather than the 'filled in' one:

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

6. aleksa-94

aleksa-94 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Well sometimes it matches with the icon butsometimes it really looks awfull

7. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I actually like them there. Sometimes I'm looking for a good game that uses OpenFeint or Plus+, and having that little symbol in the icon helps determine whether it's present or not. Plus, if I'm browsing the appstore and I see a game with OF or P+ I almost always take a look, and I may have just overlooked it if it didn't have the icon.

8. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #8 eugekava, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks guys for replying and voting.
    I think that this has been a bone of contention for many people and the devs need to know what majority thinks, So far nays have it.

It is actually possible to have the logo on the icon in the apple store and in your iTunes library and not have it on your iDevice. Having said that some people actually group OF games together on the same page.

9. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
  10. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

Actually, I like that too. I guess I am split in the middle and it's up to the dev to make the icon look good with the logo.

What I really hate is when I get a lite game and half of the logo says "lite" or worse yet "free" .Then again it makes me decide fast wheather to get the full game or just get rid it :)

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    +1 to that. I like them. I would probably organize my games according to them as well. I do wish like the pic comparison the icons would be in the exact spot with openfeint. I like the lion one if i had a choice of the two to have them all the same.

12. estyst

estyst Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Poland
    plus+ logo is smaller and "rectangular" thus less intrusive... openfeint logo is too big (especially with this silver-border-thing)

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    OpenFeint are ****ing spamming my iPod. It's like I've got 5 advertisements for their crappy service on every damn page. That logo is going to be burned into my mind forever, and no it's not good for business, if I ever see it at a height below two feet I'm gonna take a shit on it.

14. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    The best way to use OpenFeint is to not put the logo in the icon and to not make it ask for you to use it unless you tap on submit scores, view leaderboards, view acchivements or something that uses OF then make it login on startup every time once you choose to use it.

15. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    It's SO STUPID to put the icons on it!
    Why!?!?!

I mean, after I bought a game, I know what community service it uses.
    The dev can of course use it for advertisement in the store, but why on my phone?! Makes absolutely no sense. The icons are very small already, so just create a wonderful pic of your app.

I really find that a very annoying trend.

16. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    for some reason, I like the plus icon, but I really hate the look of the open feint one, just my little two cents. So I vote to keep the plus one and chuck the open feint one.

17. Ferx

Ferx Member

Jun 24, 2009
    I don't agree because its quite easy to forget what games have OF and it then reminds you of it by asking

18. EtotheB!

EtotheB! Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks for setting this up. I'm in charge of Lion Pride, so I'm very curious to hear what you all say.

19. estyst

estyst Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Poland
    OF logo spoiled nice icon - "it just doesn't fit there", it's too big (1/3rd horizontally and vertically!), covers too much of proper artwork, and cool silver/green don't mix with warm yellow/red style of the icon... it's so much "standing out" that it looks like - literally - lion is looking from behind of the OF icon...

IMO

20. Mathieu914

Mathieu914 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Student
    Canada, Québec
    No, I prefer when it's clean and the logo cover a part of icon's artwork...