Little Acorns - (by Chillingo)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    As much as Chillingo/EA has been pissing me off lately, I'll prolly have to get this even if it doesn't have GC support.

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

With what?

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Isn't there a thread for this already? Cause I'm 100% sure I've seen this game somewhere.

5. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, Chillingo has been iffy with their games lately--lack of GC and freemium. I really want to blame EA and Origin for this.

Also, I still can't believe EA released Battlefield 3 in that condition. IMO, it should've just stayed TBA. I think that goes to show how they feel about the iOS market.

Game Release thread

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Don`t blame Chillingo/EA for it. It still the Developer itself that can decide if they want to add GameCenter/Open Feint from the Start or not.

Take a look at the last Reckless Racing 2 Release:

It does clearly show that even the Developer do know how to add GameCenter it sometimes doesn`t get included into the first Build simple because they wanna add some worthy Achievements and not just the usual Stuff.

7. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #7 GoofyJmaster., Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
    You may be right, but the thing is there are a lot of games made by devs with less backing that have meaningful achievements.

I won't think it's a coincidence when none of the Chillingo games have Game Center support. Obviously, this is a bit of speculation, but there's nothing wrong with being defensive when dealing with a big corporation.

None of EA's games have GC support. All the Chillingo games before EA had GC support, at least the ones i bought did.

There also wasn't any freemium BS that I can recall.

Lastly, Chillingo/EA is the publisher, so...

Also, what's Battlefield's excuse?

8. bluescrn

bluescrn Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Indie Game Developer
    I can confirm that Little Acorns does have Game Center support!

30ish achievements, and for the more competitive gamers, once you're beating the Speedy Squirrel times, there's leaderboards for your best time totals on each year (The game, at launch, consists of 3 years, each with 4 seasons, each with 5 levels).

(And yes, there was an older Little Acorns thread - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=114877 - but this one has more/better screenshots)

Hope you enjoy it :)

Dave (Team Pesky Programmer - Little Acorns iOS)

9. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    @bluescrn That's definitely good to know!

I just think things have been spotty since the buy out. Plus, I think BF3: Aftershock showed us how EA really feels about iOS gamers. The game should've just been cancelled or stayed TBA.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to your game!