Universal Wrassling April 23rd Launch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ColinL, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    #1 ColinL, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    Hey everybody,

Here is some info about our upcoming game Wrassling. It is created by Folmer Kelly and myself Colin Lane with music from @IsYourGuy

Wrassling is a crazy physics based Wrassling game where you must wrassle as many other wrasslers out of the ring as possible. A lot like a royal rumble, but endless. There are big boss wrasslers and some crazy stuff going on with the ring, ropes dropping and ring tilting. There are also some nice hats to wear for like 3 seconds before some meanie knocks it of your head.

It will be free with adverts, but not heavy in your face adverts and the option to pay less than the cost of a coffee to remove them forever.

Im going to be dropping some promo codes here over the next couple of days too!

Thanks for reading and feel free to ask any question!

[​IMG]

2. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    #2 ColinL, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  3. folmerkelly

folmerkelly Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Hello! I'm the artist on WRASSLING, I'll be checking in on his thread so feel free to ask me anything :)

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #4 Qwertz555, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Ok, that Irrupt name i know, so i decided to give it a try...worked with the first code 474XF3JY7FJY, thanks!

Hillarious silly fun game with a great chiptune. Consider my two bucks to be yours, once the game is officialy released. Of course, Gamecenter isn't on right now, but i only see a challenge/quest screen. There also will be a pure highscore board, right?

Score 5 with a hat on...impossible for me. Glad if i make 2.

5. Stevenseagal

Stevenseagal Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    SO DISAPPOINTED if there isn't a boss in this game based on the Iron Sheik.

6. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks for playing! yes there will be a highscore board, with all time, week and daily results.

7. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    I don't know, the giant purple guy at 20 points has a moustache.

8. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    :( Looks like all the promo codes have been claimed.
    Wrassling looks like awesome and fun game. Will keep my out out when it hits the Canadian iTunes Store.

It will be free with adverts, but not heavy in your face adverts and the option to pay less than the cost of a coffee to remove them forever.

ColinL, will that be via in-app purchase only, or will there be a free/paid version of Wrassling available?

9. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Oh cool, thanks.

Found the solution for the 5-hat-task

10. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    #10 ColinL, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    "ColinL, will that be via in-app purchase only, or will there be a free/paid version of Wrassling available?"

removing the adverts will be via iAP, there will just be one version of the game.

Lonnie Plays Wrassling https://youtu.be/m8sd4LN8pmI

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Used 4KA4HP4LEMM6

Thanks! :D

12. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    #12 new_ipodtouch5G_owner, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    WOW! I need to figure out how to swoop in on these promo codes, 2nd time i missed them. LOL.

Thanks for the quick reply, kind of bummed out about the IAP only to remove ads, but still looking forward to Wrassling.
    I have since downloaded Golf is Hard free version. Fun game, but not easy to get it the hole with one shot.

13. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Oh hey what? Promo codes and I missed them. Damn it. :p

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Stoked for this. In fact, I want to punch myself in the face for missing out on the codes (damn you work!).

15. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    #15 ColinL, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

We call this manoeuvre "le Trebuchet"

2 more Promo Codes

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The Canadian Destroyer is officially no longer the coolest looking move ever. *goes back to playing* :3

17. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Hey, you got one, nice.

Just when I turn into the immortal Hulkster, controlling everything, i get blown out of the ring the very next moment. Without patience, you won't achieve some of the difficult missions. I'm still surprised of how much "to be in control" you actually can learn with some nice and strong physics behind. On the other hand though, you better tie your iphone/ipad to your wrist, because the always existing and frustrating moment to be thrown out of the ring is omnipresent.

Minimum two questions will come up, i guess...will there be PvP down the road, and possible to get an invert option for my wrassle-arms?

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Been playing for an hour or so non-stop and I can't put this frickin' game down. Already bought the ad-removal IAP and I seriously doubt I'll ever remove this from my device.

I honestly have no idea if the devs are wrestling fans, but the game truly nails that Royal Rumble/battle royale feel, whether intentional or not. Those moments where there are tons of bodies in the ring, everyone's doing something and limbs are literally all over the place. It feels exactly like that, just ridiculously over-exaggerated. What I love about this game is the fact that it's not "you against the world", like every other endless game in existence. While yes, at the end of the day this is another high-score chasing endless game, the fact that the other characters are battling it out at the same time is just awesome. I mean, how boring could this game have been if everyone who fell down into the ring started attacking you? The way it is now makes for so many awesome random moments.

Other than that, just gotta say that I love the music, humor and visuals. This is pure bite-sized gaming bliss.

19. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Totally agree, doubt I'll remove this from my phone. It'll be my bite sized wrestling fix for the moment.

20. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Woo high score of 20 :D