- LabyMania - *WIN* promocode and get your name in LabyMania!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Amygdala, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Amygdala

Amygdala Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Hi everybody!

Good news about LabyMania! iPhoneAppReview gives thumbs up with a rating of 9/10. LabyMania is selected for the "Hidden gems" list on this forum. And finally: LabyMania FREE hits app store.

To celebrate the release of LabyManiaFREE, I thought of a fun way to share ideas. You now have the chance to put your mark on LabyMania!

Here's what you do:
    - Get LabyManiaFREE (it's free you know!)
    - Play and enjoy it, spread the word!
    - In this thread (not as PM, please), post suggestions for improvements to LabyMania. Examples could be "undo-button", "I want more levels", "OK button is too small" - anything goes! If your suggestion is already written, feel free to write it again - similar suggestions means they are important, so I need to know!

Here's what I do:
    - Evaluate ALL suggestions (and I will be grateful!)
    - Select one a day as the best one. If your suggestion is picked up, I will try to fit it into LabyMania in some form. Also, as a "thank you" and "thumbs up", I will put your name in the About section of LabyMania! Either full name, username, alias or whatever you want. Also, you get a promo code for the full game.
    - Select a random suggestion (or funny remark about the game, App Store review, ...) from this thread and reward it with a promo for the full game.

So… Get LabyManiaFREE now, enjoy it for a while, and post your suggestion here. Thank you for making LabyMania better!

LabyManiaFREE on app store: itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/labymania-free/id343183671?mt=8
    LabyMania on app store: itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/labymania/id333181461?mt=8
    LabyMania website: http://www.amygdala.dk/LabyMania

Thanks for watching!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    OK, I'm still stuck on 7/9, but here's my suggestion so far: make the square drop areas a little more lenient - my iPod is in a case, and I'm finding it difficult to drop pieces on the sides - right now they have to be totally over ghe arrows - I propose that they'd be OK if they're slightly over the existing square a bit. It should still be obvious what the intended move is.

Love the themes - playing with space right now...

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    My suggestion is still to include an undo button for the last move. Perhaps use them sparingly per level so they are not abused (only x number for level for emergencies only). Also the little lights on the bottom that indicate the order in which to reach a goal could be a tad bigger to see - and if the colors are brighter it would make it easier to see what the next goal should be. Of course, more levels!

4. Amygdala

Nov 25, 2009
    Great suggestions both of you.

NEG: you will be pleased to know that I am almost done with the undo functionality. It will not be a button, but a leftward swipe gesture that triggers it. I will see what to do about the hard-to-see lights.

Prelbs: I never thought of that! I don't use a case, so I obviously didn't experience the same trouble. Duely noted!

In about an hour and a half, I will round up the days suggestions and you will hear from me again...

- Thanks, and keep them coming!

- A

5. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    Well, the lite version was fun but I didnt beat it.

•add a hint button to help people like me to beat some levels.
    •level editor and you can share the levels you made
    •keep up the great work!

6. Buding

Buding Member

Nov 24, 2009
    More themes!

I will like a skeleton/scary theme with skulls and bones and such.
    Also - music?!?

I already have full game, so no promo needed if I win. Give to someone else. Just buding in LabyMania, yeah1!

7. Amygdala

Nov 25, 2009
    Hi guys! Thanks for your suggestions. Today's winners have been contacted with promos and whatnot.

It appears that a level editor would be a very good idea. It would also take some time to develop, but let's see. Again, if you are worried about replayability, there is always multiplay, and the option to take on the artificial intelligence, LabyManiac!

Undo is definitely coming!

Music and more themes are also a way to go, so that is now added to the list of to-do's.

Thanks again - keep the suggestions coming, you can still get your name in the game and win promos!

8. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    Thanks Amygdala for the promo code.

9. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I'm sorry, but everytime I see this game's title I think it's about Gynecology.

10. Amygdala

Nov 25, 2009
    Uuuh, ok... I don't know what to think of that - but you may just win yourself a promo for that remark! That'll teach you :)

But... Why does it remind of that? Just curious!

- A

11. gamiacca

gamiacca New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I just finished the FREE version and got addicted! I love this kind of puzzles. I can also imagine that an Undo button would be good if it comes to higher levels. And I'd like to have a theme where a kitty catches mice :cool:

Thanks so far for the cool game!!!

-g-

12. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I'm not sure how to answer that without being vulgar...let's just say that there is a clinical term for a portion of a woman's anatomy that I thought of when I saw the title of the game. Maybe it's the way I'm pronouncing it in my mind. To me the game is pronounced with a long "a", as in "lay-be-mania". Does that explain the gynecology reference? ;)

13. kazamman

kazamman Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    The ladybugs are so sexy.

14. bleeper

bleeper Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I love this game! It makes my brain hurt in a good way. :)

One change I would like to see is the option to just tap the arrow where I want to put the piece instead of having to drag the piece to the arrow.

P.S. I already got a code from you, many thanks!

15. Amygdala

Nov 25, 2009
    Hi guys,

The winners of this round has been contacted.

Bleeper, your suggestion has come up other places too, so I am seriously thinking about how to work that in... What name would you like in the thank-yous in LabyMania, please...?

Thanks again - and as usual: Keep them coming!

- A

16. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    What do you know? You make a silly comment in a thread and it leads to a promo code! Don't try this at home. Well, while it certainly wasn't my intention for my off the cuff comment to lead to this, I certainly appreciate the dev responding so generously. I will post impressions once I have a chance to play. Thanks again!

17. Buding

Buding Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I will play LabyMania with listening to iPod - but I cannot do this. That will be great!

18. Amygdala

Nov 25, 2009
    Finally: LabyMania updated with undo and other goodies!

I am pleased to announce the long awaited update 1.30 of LabyMania.

The list of new features is in part thanks to the wonderful people on this forum:
    - Undo function! If you mess up, you can take back the last move by swiping left.
    - New icons - hopefully catchy!
    - iPod music enabled while playing LabyMania
    - German translation
    - List of thank-yous
    - Other stuff too...

The update goes both for LabyMania and LabyMania FREE

Go to the LabyMania website for more info on LabyMania and a video demo!

[​IMG] [​IMG]