LiveFire Not Officially Known As Kill-Test........

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by qasim, Jun 16, 2009.

1. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    [​IMG]

Source

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Yay but I wonder why they came up with that story.....*hint* *hint*

3. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    This could be true but it could be that they're just trying to cover it up with a story to save themselves from the embarrassment of changing the name back after so much criticism. Well, no one will know but them and they're sure not gonna tell us.

I still hope it's LiveFire or something, if possible, even better.

4. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Doesnt seem like they are covering it up. LiveFire was Stage 1, KillTest Stage 2, now we wait for Stage 3 (probably going to be announced Wednesday for 3.0?)

5. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    oops, double post >.<
    (how do I delete this post?)

6. Pl0cks

Pl0cks Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    California
    only one game mode and only 4 people per game? Doesn't sound that appealing...

7. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Don't think they can name it livefire since lucas arts which also makes mobile games has this game
    http://www.starwars.com/games/playnow/livefire/

I think Lucas served them with a legal notice and killtest was a stop gap while they think of a better name.

8. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    That's the one thing I don't like about the forum. Other than that, I love it. I usually don't need to delete posts though, but I still read over my post first just in case I don't want to publish anything I wouldn't want to be read.

Oh wow, you're right! Hmm, well, thanks to LucasArts for stealing a great name from a (hopefully) great game.

9. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    Killtest is a pretty bad name. I hope they can change it back to LiveFire. But an even better name would be great.

10. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Its not just 4 players, its 4 players via 3G connections thus truly mobile online multiplayer! You won't need to find a wifi hotspot to play this game online (assuming you're an iPhone owner) and thats the coolest thing about it. To me, it seems like Quake 3: Arena (probably the 1st fps i ever played online) for a mobile phone!

11. PredatorTA

PredatorTA Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Who says that LucasArts is the one who stole it...?
    But it can also be a mere coincidence

12. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    You're right, that's too harsh seeing as to how they took it first. Now I'm say that:

George Lucas used his Jedi Force Powers to see the future and predict that ngmoco:) was going to create a game called "LiveFire" and so he made one first in the hopes of gaining even more money and publicity through a lawsuit.

Hahaha. Just a joke. I love George Lucas and Star Wars. [:

13. PowerThirst

PowerThirst Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Yes because we all know how reliable 3G connection is... /sarcasm

-THIRSTY-

14. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Acually...They said 3G was going to be the same speed as wifi. If you posted that thing earlier with the "only 4 players in 1 room", that's just a part of it. You could customize your armor sorta, Voice chat, upgrades..?, invite people using push, etc.. So t's a pretty good game for just $10 or under. Think of it as a compacted Halo 3

15. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

OH MY F**KING GOD! This means this game is gonna be another like 2 f*cking months. Just tell us when the f*cking game is coming out. God, its taking forever!

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Who is "ngmoco:)"? I only know "ngmoco:)" ;).

Edit: Oh damn. now I know why you used it the other way :(.

17. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    It´s essencial that they have regional servers,

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I dunno, Metroid on the DS was only 4 player online multi and it was a blast. It all depends on how the maps are, if they are made for 4 player games then they will be good. But I agree and hope they add some CTF or Land Grab or SOMETHING besides just deathmatch. I love me some deathmatch, but it's nice to mix it up once in a while.

19. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Well whatever the name is, they'd better pick one and stick to it. They're completely messing up their marketing strategy.

20. PowerThirst

PowerThirst Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    It depends what you mean by speed, I was referring to latency. I'm no expert in this matter but based on the inherant problems with satellite and radio based services of any sort, you can see why I'm skeptical.

In theory an fps such as this will be sending dozens of "packets" and updates per second, if the 3G has a hiccup due to the user moving around in between structures like say being in a car... I mean come on AT&T can't even deliver 3G to my school campus and I'm on the surface floor... Not saying ngmoco can't overcome these issues but I'm skeptical until I play it myself.

One more thought, if I was a developer and I had lag issues, how would I fix it without fixing the network... auto aim perhaps or "sticky" targetting perhaps? ;)

-THIRSTY-