Looking for a indie developer!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by rishib, May 27, 2011.

1. rishib

rishib New Member

May 24, 2011
    I am going to get straight to the point. I have an app idea, as do alot of people. I believe that my idea is really good and has a chance at making alot of money through advertising. I can not pay whoever the developer is, as I am an university student myself and I just can't seem to wrap my head around the coding language (c, c++, objective C):confused:. I hope that we can be partners and split everything 50:50. I have already drawn up images with a great user interface.

If you are interested email me at [email protected]. Thanks:cool:

2. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    it's pretty tough to come on these forums nowadays with a post like this and expect people to jump on it (always worth a try since there's nothing to lose, I suppose). Be aware that unless you can paint some sort of compelling picture beyond "I've a great idea" then anyone who has the proficiency you require will likely ignore you.

If you have no experience to mention, get some money. If you haven't got any money, then prepare a very nice and thorough presentation that shows exactly what you want to do ad how you'll go about doing your end of it. The slicker and more polished of a job you can do, the more compelling this can be. Of course you run the risk of "someone stealing your idea" especially if you post it publicly, but if you do some serious homework (linger around long enough to find out what devs are doing what type of projects), then you may get a sense of who among them might be approachable and you can probably PM them with such a presentation and at least see if they will engage you in some discussion, for starters.

If you aren't willing to do some work up front and take any risk to that degree, than sadly your chances of getting very far with such an effort won't be very strong. Good luck!

3. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    EVERYONE have good ideas, like you said...
    And most of the time, good ideas aren't economically good ideas ( no business plan, no marketing plan, no market research etc..). And I'm sure you play the 500 000 app of the applestore to be sure that no one already have this idea and failed ?

You expect someone to do 95% of the boring work (an idea isn't worth 5% for me), for only 50% of income. Good luck!

I think that you won't find someone (maybe an unexperience developper that probably stop before the end of the project).

If you truly believe in your idea, you should sell burgers on your free time. Earn some money and hire a developper.
    If you don't think that your idea is good enough for this kind of commitment, maybe that's not a good enough idea...

good luck!