Any appventcalendar-thing planned or out there

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by ipod_david, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Are there any? Havent found them.
    I know its 365 nowadays but sometimes the appvent was a cool time for some special-cool apps going free

regards, david

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I was just mentioning that this morning. I guess in the "release today free tomorrow" market it's become obsolete but it was a fun holiday thing to do. Oh well, Merry Christmas David.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I seen one on freeappslots for spins but you get holiday apps.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I am surprised and saddened by this absence.

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Same here when I first got my iPod4 two and a bit years ago I was excited and happy at the advent calander stuff and apples 12days of Christmas but now EVERYTHING goes free and all the time, it's kind of took the magic away :(

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well, there is an Appvent2012 app, but you can find the price drops without it.

Cygnet, do you remember the first Appvent Calender site? I think it was the first. I got some real gems; IIRC, Wheeler's Treasure, Libra Balance (the developer of which os still active here)...err, I forget the rest.

I think I'll check to see if there is an archive of that web page available. Good memories. Simpler times for ios gaming.

7. What is this appventcalendar thingy for all of us newbies?

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Back in the day before all apps went free, it was an advent calendar but for apps and each day of December a different game would be free and back then it was special :D unlike now because you can just wait a week or two and everything will be free anyway.
    The only reason to buy apps these days is if your really impatient like me and need games right now :rolleyes:

9. Thanks. Glad there's this forum then!

10. Is this in anyway way related to what you all are talking about?

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

11. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    That looks similar but from a different company than Appvent (Appvent was Blacksmith Games iirc); it's hard to tell if this new one will offer anything of quality.

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yep that's the thing but these days app shopper finds out about the deals quicker

13. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Speaking of Blacksmith Games, what ever happened to them? I still remember Plushed being released a few years back. Ah, memories.

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    The first app vent was in 2009, before my time here. And here is last years app vent for those who missed it: http://appventcalendar.com

There were always a few surprises in the mix that kept you hoping for a winner every day.

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #15 undeadcow, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    On November 25th Blacksmith Games tweeted this:
    That seemes hopeful. I tweeted them a question about the status; fingers crossed.

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #16 Vovin, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    Wouldn't it be better to buy the games instead of asking for a free app calendar?